Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys. (John, I wish I could photograph my models as well as you!)
A couple more photos:
apollo11b.jpg

apollo11c.jpg

This was a straight "out of the box" build, with one exception. I bought the aftermarket set for the windows, as the original kit omitted the "docking" window (a big mistake), and the markings on the LM right window.

I could have "after marketed" and scratch build "added" to the kit, but I wanted to show that this is the kit you get in the box when purchased.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
While in lockdown, (if one has nothing else to do) practice photography-
app11g.jpg
app1abcd.jpg

I happen to believe you can build a great model, but if you can't photograph it correctly, or, photograph it poorly, it makes a difference as to how other see it.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #12
magnificent
did you paint the shadows by hand or was there some kind of template with the kit?
in any case it adds the proper perspective.
Most of the shadows were included (as a depression) in the base. Others were completely overlooked by the kit maker (the crater and rock ones) and some of the ones included were incorrect. I added to them by simply placing a light where the sun should be, and then penciling outlines of the shadows.

Registered
I built this same kit a few years back for a client. He wanted it super accurized so with all the aftermarkey decals and parts I spent over a year working on it. He wanted it shown in flight as it appeared during it's lunar descent phase so I still have the base and the astronauts stored in a box somewhere.
You did a beautiful job on yours and it looks great for an out-of-the box built.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts