My First Build in Nine Years:

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Trekkriffic 
#1 ·
Here a photo of my first build in 9 years (it's a long story):
In honor of the fiftieth anniversary:
Space Space station Fictional character Action figure Satellite

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks, guys. (John, I wish I could photograph my models as well as you!)
A couple more photos:
Space Fashion accessory

Satellite Space Technology Vehicle

This was a straight "out of the box" build, with one exception. I bought the aftermarket set for the windows, as the original kit omitted the "docking" window (a big mistake), and the markings on the LM right window.

I could have "after marketed" and scratch build "added" to the kit, but I wanted to show that this is the kit you get in the box when purchased.

#12 ·
Most of the shadows were included (as a depression) in the base. Others were completely overlooked by the kit maker (the crater and rock ones) and some of the ones included were incorrect. I added to them by simply placing a light where the sun should be, and then penciling outlines of the shadows.

#13 ·
I built this same kit a few years back for a client. He wanted it super accurized so with all the aftermarkey decals and parts I spent over a year working on it. He wanted it shown in flight as it appeared during it's lunar descent phase so I still have the base and the astronauts stored in a box somewhere.
You did a beautiful job on yours and it looks great for an out-of-the box built.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.