Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know it's just a convertible Willys, but to someone that is all thumbs it's an accomplishment. :) I will probably try to add some decals to it at a later time. I'm also trying to do a pink one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,870 Posts
You know man, everyone has to start somewhere....and that's a fine start!

I have a few convertible interior sets here that I bought from "Wierd Jack" ....but so far I've been using them for hardtop interiors....instead of thier convertible purpose ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
win43,
Nice job, I've been wanting to do a couple of those. So far the only cuts I've made have been to screw posts to lower the body. So for your first custom job, how difficult would you say that it was? I ask because @ this point, you're the experienced one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Look great to me . . .

win43, No need to be tepid, looks great to me . . . Very nicely done, looks very clean all round. The main thing is when finishing a ride, post it . . .

Cheers,
Jas
 

·
Model Murdering
Joined
·
7,331 Posts
Nice job Jerry, It takes some guts to cut the lid off a perfectly good coupe. I butcher and hack anything that comes my way, but I still agonize over the first cut! I reckon us peninsula boys will just keep making little convertibles. Lord knows you'll never get the top down on a real one around here. I've gotta go mow my moss now. LOL
 

·
Villain
Joined
·
4,632 Posts
Jerry, it looks great, I love the black rims too. my convertables always look chopped to hell, but I love em when their done.
 

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
Joined
·
2,879 Posts
Welcome to the board! and great work, keep em coming, they just get better and better... plus it makes old farts like us get off our duffs and get some work done...


Dave
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,424 Posts
I also bought some of those interiors from werid jack, but I haven't given it a try yet.
I hope mine comes out as nice as yours. Nice work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,355 Posts
videojimmy said:
I also bought some of those interiors from werid jack, but I haven't given it a try yet.
I hope mine comes out as nice as yours. Nice work!
the Weird Jack interiors work out really well. my yellow '59 impala in the Customs thread has one...

--rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Win43-
Now that you are off and running in the customizing arena (nice start by the way), just a quick note to beware. Suddenly, everything will become a prospect for customizing. Die Cast conversions like Videojimmy, rescuing trashed cars like Bill Hall's Jaguar project, putting dead people on the windshield like Sethndaddy, and the list goes on. Soon you will have a project box with potential projects, partial projects, etc. Welcome to the club!
Jim
 

·
Model Murdering
Joined
·
7,331 Posts
T-jetjim said:
Win43-
Now that you are off and running in the customizing arena (nice start by the way), just a quick note to beware. Suddenly, everything will become a prospect for customizing. Die Cast conversions like Videojimmy, rescuing trashed cars like Bill Hall's Jaguar project, putting dead people on the windshield like Sethndaddy, and the list goes on. Soon you will have a project box with potential projects, partial projects, etc. Welcome to the club!
Jim
Pssst, Hey Jerry, Ed see's dead people. Jimmy and ParkRNDL secretly have a deal with dremel corp, Joez cat really builds all his cars. I mainline pure styrene. Jim calls the kettle black. LMAO!

Lately I've been eyeing our cats furry friction mouse for a t-jet mod. Gus (the original "model murderer") seems kinda bored lately. Heck Jerry, I've got it so bad when I look at a plastic spoon or fork I think, "Cool a canopy! or could that be a Buick grill?

If , as you say, your work is all thumbs? I want eight more thumbs!
 

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
Joined
·
2,879 Posts
Bill Hall said:
Pssst, Hey Jerry, Ed see's dead people. Jimmy and ParkRNDL secretly have a deal with dremel corp, Joez cat really builds all his cars. I mainline pure styrene. Jim calls the kettle black. LMAO!

Lately I've been eyeing our cats furry friction mouse for a t-jet mod. Gus (the original "model murderer") seems kinda bored lately. Heck Jerry, I've got it so bad when I look at a plastic spoon or fork I think, "Cool a canopy! or could that be a Buick grill?

If , as you say, your work is all thumbs? I want eight more thumbs!

Thats funny Bill I have a small plastic rat I run down the sidewalk on halloween.. got the idea from boss.. lol.. scares the moms real good...

Dave
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,629 Posts
win43 said:
I know it's just a convertible Willys, but to someone that is all thumbs it's an accomplishment. :) I will probably try to add some decals to it at a later time. I'm also trying to do a pink one.
We all had to start somewhere & you are off to a good start !

Neal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Hey there, Win-

I would of never known it was your first attempt--if you had not said so-
this is as good as anything I do, and would be proud if I had of done that one!

Nice and clean work, looks great w/the black rims, too-

Please don't be shy about posting any pics of anything you build-

I've posted some real "fright pigs" here in my time--some which weren't supposed to be! :p

I like this Willys open-top a lot! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:



Cheers..
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top