Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well this started as my characters car in Diecast City. So I give credit to Dragnet_Supporter for getting me to try my hand at this. Pic #1 shows the stance I want when all is said and done :). I need to carve more out of the front to lower the frame more. I'm carving a oil tank out of plastic to attach to the JL motor. I'm hoping by grinding out a piece of the frame I can get the motor to sit low enough. So the headers stick out from under the fenders :). I'm going for a straight axle front end and was thinking about using a washer cut it hafe. Then grinding it to look like leaf springs. For the final effect I'm gonna try to remove all the silver molding from the car. Also a first for me. All I now is use acetone free nail polish remover :).

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
looks great...but the curve of the exhaust will never come out of those fenders even if you drop the motor. i had the same problem with midtowns dart and had to find the gasser cars that hot wheel made the exhaust is perfect for this. i will post pic if i can find it. later gunn :wave:

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
gunn said:
looks great...but the curve of the exhaust will never come out of those fenders even if you drop the motor. i had the same problem with midtowns dart and had to find the gasser cars that hot wheel made the exhaust is perfect for this. i will post pic if i can find it. later gunn :wave:
First off I want to thank everyone for there comments. :thumbsup:

Hey Gunn, Did you try to straighten the pipes? I was thinking about heating a metal plate then laying the pipes on it until they are plyable. Then bending the plastic out. Let me know if this won't work. It's the only motor I have and would hate to melt the pipes off it. :)

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Not trying to make more work for you, and I have not yet tried it, but some guys will drill holes into the sides and then use either solder or a white wire the same diameter as the original headers. I can't remember what gets used for a collector, but with the flexibility you can shape them to fit.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dadvball said:
Not trying to make more work for you, and I have not yet tried it, but some guys will drill holes into the sides and then use either solder or a white wire the same diameter as the original headers. I can't remember what gets used for a collector, but with the flexibility you can shape them to fit.
I will try that Dadvball but not on this one. :) I wan't to keep this one as simple as possible. So far that's not working out for me. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.