Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I normally don't collect HW with plastic tires, am more collecting serious looking cars that a person can relate too, but these Gems convince me to buy them always...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
Nice Chevys Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Full-size Chevies from the Sixties are synonymous with style. The '62 Bel Air bubble-top is one of my all-time favorite castings.
Same here, I have two "Bubble Tops" in a 1/25 scale in Plastic that I haven't gotten around to built yet both are Bel-Airs....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to agree with that statement!:thumbsup: First, drivable, car I ever bought was a one owner '63 Impala hardtop. One of these days, I WILL have a '61 bubble top! Tastefully Kustomized, of course.:D
My step-father had one years back, and it where I learned to fix cars too from that 63 Four-door impala.....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
You think Hot Wheels will ever make a '63? Or was there not enough distinction between that and the '64 to make it matter.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
You think Hot Wheels will ever make a '63? Or was there not enough distinction between that and the '64 to make it matter.
They should! To a car buff there is a BIG difference between the 63 and 64, and between the 61/62, 62/63, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
They Did make a 1963 Chevy Impala.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Looks like they did! But I can't seem to find a '62 now :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I think the only one of those years I have is the JL 61 Impala SS chrome. I owned a 63 Imp convertible 283 back in the day. I lived in Ohio and that thing was like a tank in the snow. My favorite of the 61/64 is the 62 SS red/red 327 or 409.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Buddy!!!....I had the a Green 63 Impala last year and to me it wasn't near to what I know of them, and It was traded off for that 64 that you see now....it not as perfect but to me it fit the bill....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the only one of those years I have is the JL 61 Impala SS chrome. I owned a 63 Imp convertible 283 back in the day. I lived in Ohio and that thing was like a tank in the snow. My favorite of the 61/64 is the 62 SS red/red 327 or 409.
WOW!....a original 409 would make me go nuts right now....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
But I can't seem to find a '62 now :lol:
Hot Wheels has yet to do a '62 Impala. And I suspect that with the '62 Bel Air Bubbletop casting, some bean-counter or other corporate type would think a '62 Impala a bit redundant. Still, it would be nice...I'm thinking a '60s Impala premium 5-car set!

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah Baby!!!!

Hot Wheels has yet to do a '62 Impala. And I suspect that with the '62 Bel Air Bubbletop casting, some bean-counter or other corporate type would think a '62 Impala a bit redundant. Still, it would be nice...I'm thinking a '60s Impala premium 5-car set!
Now we're Talkin!!!....Starting with the First Impala: 1958 Then a 1960 Impala....If I had it my way my set would start from 1958-70....:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts