Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my favorite JL VW. It is because its the first car I remember, my mother used to drive us to school in it. All three of us kids could fit in the boot. My Grandfather bought it brand new in 1963. Here is a pic of the JL with the original invoice from my Grandfathers purchase. My Grandfather bought a new Red VW Beetle every 3 or 4 years until they stop producing them. This was his first one and after he would buy a new one he would give the old Beetle to one of his kids. My mother is his oldest so she got the first one. It lasted until I graduated High School in 1980

I hope you can read it.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
bon69 said:
This is my favorite JL VW. It is because its the first car I remember, my mother used to drive us to school in it. All three of us kids could fit in the boot. My Grandfather bought it brand new in 1963. Here is a pic of the JL with the original invoice from my Grandfathers purchase. My Grandfather bought a new Red VW Beetle every 3 or 4 years until they stop producing them. This was his first one and after he would buy a new one he would give the old Beetle to one of his kids. My mother is his oldest so she got the first one. It lasted until I graduated High School in 1980

I hope you can read it.
I have one just like it with different wheels because it was my wife's first car ever. She bought it new the year after she graduated high school. Her Dad bought it from her when we got married in 1965 and my Dad gave her a 59 Thunderbird.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Galaxieman said:
I have one just like it with different wheels because it was my wife's first car ever. She bought it new the year after she graduated high school. Her Dad bought it from her when we got married in 1965 and my Dad gave her a 59 Thunderbird.
Here's my model. I think I like yours with the old school wheels better. I can't recall what wheels my wife's had on it.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
How much you think a side view mirror for that same car would cost today? :rolleyes: I love old VWs, my brother had a Beetle, a Squareback and a Baja conversion, I had a Sunshine Yellow 1973 Thing. Boy, do I miss that car!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Galaxieman, that is a nice looking VW, I like those wheels. They look like the centerlines I used to have on my '78 Ford P/U (way back when). I like that all Grampa had to put down was $8.15.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hey guys anyone interested in a red Karmann Ghia with a white top? It's loose, in great condition but just does not fit my collection goals.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
Have you ever heard of the VW Birth Certificate?.

I got mine for my 65 vw in 1992. I've sent for another copy today by going to this site.

http://www.volkswagen-automuseum.de/urkunden.html

I used the babel fish translator on alta vista to help fill in the blanks.

Here is a link to a talk page about the certificates. Having one on the family car would be great especially since you have the original bill of sale.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=398&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
There was an option for a right side mirror for VW. It came with the left outside mirror, it was attached to the top hinge on the door. It was figured that the right han drive side mirror was being made for England so it could be offered as an option for left hand drive cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts