Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n58/hell_fighter_8/1701A/

Figured this was a good start before starting the PL. The photon tubes, impulse engines and warp engines can all be toggled on and off. The deflector dish can switch between blue and amber. The inboard warp grills are from DLM, all other clear parts were scratch built. The circuit board was from JW. I used TWOK departure scene as referance so I missed the flashers above and below the shuttle bay (they don't flash in that scene) and I went with orange for my impulse engines. Except for the base color white, everything else was hand painted. I azteced her with 3 different gloss whites, one with blue, one with red and one with gold (few drops of each). Most of the other colors are custom mixes. The "ncc-1701-A" on the bottom of the sauce and "enterprise" below the shuttle bay were also hand painted. This was the cursed model.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Very fine detail man. Nice idea starting this model kit before you start the PL. On the last pic I can see your NCC-1701 decal box. professorCoffee gave me a lecture on that when I did my reliant. What was your process for the gloss cotes? It should go gloss decals gloss...sandwhiching them. Other wise that is one of a kind..nice work :).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't clear coated her yet so there is none on top of the decals. I don't have a spray both and the temps have been winter like here lately. In that picture though, that is the brightness of the dish which has the ring of dashed lights. For all the "in the dark pictures" I used the fireworks setting on my camera which increases the shutter time and tends to make areas like the dish super bright.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Impressive :thumbsup:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Super job :thumbsup: I've got several Ertls in my stash that are going to be sacrifices to the modeling gods before I start my PL. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Considering what you had to work with (Ertl Kits), this is some out-stand good work. Paint, lighting, the fact that the nacels aren't dropping (I could never get them straight)...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
uscav_scout said:
Considering what you had to work with (Ertl Kits), this is some out-stand good work. Paint, lighting, the fact that the nacels aren't dropping (I could never get them straight)...

Thanks! What I did was super glue the pylon bases to the engineering section and used gap filler on the inside to seal and bond the seams and once that was good and dry, I glued the pylons into place and glued the engineering sections together, saving the engines for last. This way did cause the engineering sections to not fit together well at all but they don't droop.

·
Registered
877 Posts
That's a fine job on the Ertl! A lot of pain and suffering went into that build :thumbsup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
hell_fighter_8 said:
I haven't clear coated her yet so there is none on top of the decals. I don't have a spray both and the temps have been winter like here lately. In that picture though, that is the brightness of the dish which has the ring of dashed lights. For all the "in the dark pictures" I used the fireworks setting on my camera which increases the shutter time and tends to make areas like the dish super bright.

Oh okay...yeah temps have been cold here as well...again nice work man.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts