Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I took about an hours drive to a small town south of my hometown, just to hunt for something new... I am so tired of the same ole, same ole on the pegs around here... I used about 30 bucks in gas, but well worth it to me... Here's what I came home with:

A couple of new Motor Max dios:

M2s Torino Cobra:

M2s Drivers Nova:

A few JL 40ths:

I'm Happy !!!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
The M2 Torino looks silly with the rear wheels inside the wheel wells. Oh Wait, it looks just like the REAL car! Stupid Ford, smart M2! GREAT car!~

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Nice finds. I especially like the Mopars.

I've been lamenting about the state of collecting/customizing living in the sticks. Wal-Mart has long since stopped carrying a lot of the different diecast lines and series. I went to a HW event last weekend and was blown away at the series I didn't even know existed. I didn't even know they made UltraHots till I found a couple in a 10 pack a couple years ago.

Wal-Mart hasn't restocked Larry's Garage cars in a couple months and Dragstrip Demons in over a month. I bought the last the of the LG cars for wheel donors, only a few DSD remain and I bought most of them too. I drive to the next town over in Illinois, about 20 miles, a few times a month but there is only Wal-Mart and K-Mart to choose from there. If nothing else when I get paid next time I'll have to make a road trip south toward St. Louis. I have a big baggie full of plastic wheels but hate to have to resort to using them...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice finds. I especially like the Mopars.

I've been lamenting about the state of collecting/customizing living in the sticks. Wal-Mart has long since stopped carrying a lot of the different diecast lines and series. I went to a HW event last weekend and was blown away at the series I didn't even know existed. I didn't even know they made UltraHots till I found a couple in a 10 pack a couple years ago.

Wal-Mart hasn't restocked Larry's Garage cars in a couple months and Dragstrip Demons in over a month. I bought the last the of the LG cars for wheel donors, only a few DSD remain and I bought most of them too. I drive to the next town over in Illinois, about 20 miles, a few times a month but there is only Wal-Mart and K-Mart to choose from there. If nothing else when I get paid next time I'll have to make a road trip south toward St. Louis. I have a big baggie full of plastic wheels but hate to have to resort to using them...
The M2 Torino looks silly with the rear wheels inside the wheel wells. Oh Wait, it looks just like the REAL car! Stupid Ford, smart M2! GREAT car!~

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Your trip really paid off... you came back with some nice finds. The Torino and the Nova, I think, would be my favorites.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Still looking for the Spoiler Impala, but I suppose I should be thankful for where I live since I've seen 90% of these in our stores.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Nice! I used to do that, take a trip somewhere just to hit the stores in that area. But most of the time they had the same pegwarmers as the stores did in my area. A couple times I got lucky though! :)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I picked up both of the M2 Novas today as well as the Torino in Gold but the
Torino needs a Wheel swap as Black Tires on Black Wheels looks funny to me
so it will get changed as soon as I see a Wheel I like. I rather go Vintage over
the Custom deep spoke Wheels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts