Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally finished my Deal's Wheels Van. Built pretty much out of box. Did Strip all chrome and after assembly repainted chrome with Alclad II Chrome System.

Too many coats of Clear on the surfboards caused the boards to no longer fit in the rack so I fabricated some functional bungee cords from elastic beading cord and wire.

I have a second one in my stash and plan to make all doors functional, add sunroof, and convert the figure to a freestanding figure to be placed outside the bus.

Enjoy!

, , ,

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wow! That's some incredible work there! Love the Alclad -- I have to try it. How did you do the red stripe? That is almost unbelievable:eek: :thumbsup::thumbsup: Can't wait to see your next one!

So far, we're all from Pa. here :wave: Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

John

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Got to love that Alclad. The more I use it the better I get with it and it gives a more scale chrome appearance to the model.

The red stripe is actually a very fine pinstripe tape that I use with my R/C helicopters and planes.

Been in PA for almost thirty years now. I am actually a displaced Hoosier.

·
Curmudgeon
6,600 Posts
I love classic Volkswagens and the Deal's Wheels kits so, naturally, this one is an all-time favorite of mine. Very nicely done, and I love your solution for attaching the surfboards to the roof rack!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts