Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh yeah, Martin Bower is a fantastic miniature expert. Too bad SOS can't seem to produce a Space 1999 reboot. I guess that Carlton aren't joking with the rights.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
That is truly some amazing work!

(It makes me sad in an odd way- I would love to build up my Hawk like that but I will never have that much time to do it right like you did)

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
356 Posts
I saw a Hawk at a hobby store, I thought it will still be here in a couple of weeks, oops it was long gone. I wonder if those hawks indicate a new space 1999 series or just reminiscing of a cool sci-fi series long gone. I never saw a hawk on space 1999, I wonder what episode it was on? I know Eagles and the Deep space probe were the main focus of the show. Note when you see something buy it quickly or it will be long gone...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The Hawk was only seen in the episode ''War Games'', for not even 30 seconds....... 3 Hawks attacked the Moonbase Alpha, one got destroyed and then we never saw them again in the series. If was said that the Hawk was used in the Earth's defense. So the question is: Why did it attack Moonbase Alpha? Another weird thing in Space 1999.....

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I am very impressed! Love the work and effort that you have put into this build so far. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Fluke :grin2:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks guys.

Last month, I purchased the series in Bluray, season 1 and 2. A real big difference to see the series in high resolution. So I've started to watch it again. Finally saw the episode ''War Games'' and remembered the story and why we saw Hawk's but nothing about their use on Earth. ..... Next episode to watch: Space Brain .

This week, I painted the cockpit interior, next I will apply a layer of dullcoat. I'll be ready to install all the interior parts inside the cockpit.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UDKnULUrT1ARnwSy6

·
Registered
356 Posts
Dude, 1999 ended too soon, production costs were too high. That awesome 70's series was way ahead of its time. This is the first time I saw the hawks too, I thought they were alien craft like in the Voyager scene, but those are completely different craft. Thanks for the episode heads, I got it saved!:grin2::nerd:

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Dude, 1999 ended too soon, production costs were too high. That awesome 70's series was way ahead of its time. This is the first time I saw the hawks too, I thought they were alien craft like in the Voyager scene, but those are completely different craft. Thanks for the episode heads, I got it saved!:grin2::nerd:

Yes indeed, S:1999 was way ahead in lots of areas. But the big cigars at ITC NY had a different view of what the US sci-fi fans wanted to see, Fred Freiberger '' The Showkiller''came onboard and, well, the same thing happened for Star Trek Season 3, finito. The cast had a hard time with Freiberger, especially Landau.... If you wanna read an interresting ebook about S:1999, read this.

Also, free ebooks are available here . I did read the DS9-S:1999 crossover ''A new moon over Bajor'' and I'm currently reading ''What lies beneath'' , that so far I really like. Commissioner Simmonds was hiding all kinds of secrets.......

Back to my Hawk, I sprayed a light mat varnish coat on all the cockpit parts and cockpit interior. I also sprayed some smoke paint on the windows...... don't know how this will look tho....... my Tamiya smoke bottle is darn old...... remember the BIG bottles...... we have to go back two decades ago....

·
Registered
356 Posts
Cool, F1steph, I will check it out, I did notice the second season of 1999 seemed much different? The first season was unusual, fun, zany, and awesome, the second seemed dull, less high tech, in some instances boring. So the Friedburger gent, changed a good thing? That's like throwing cheapo aftermarket spoilers, hydrolics, a boom stero system in a Dusenburg, lol. No good. Lol! Tamiya paints are awesome, I still use Testor's products, but im getting into Tamiya paints, and digging the results. I noticed these alien ships remind me of the Hawks, just a little...

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
I saw the film, it was awesome, The moon base folks wanted to move to the planet, the aliens used an image in their minds to scare them off, which is confusing with the Hawk being the chosen craft? Isn't the Hawk an earth defense craft? I guess if it was a Kahn scenario where he steals a federation starship to even up with Kirk scenario, then it would make sense. Still I think a giant space monster hovering above Moonbase Alpha would send em on their way, LOL, Your Hawk is looking good sir!:grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yes the Hawk was an Earth defense ship but no details were ever mentionned in the serie.

Your monster was seen in the episode ''Dragon's domain''.... That episode scrared me like hell back then..... But it's one of the best episode.....

Okay, here's an update.

I'm done building the space ejection seats with a huge oxygen tank, RCS (Reaction Control System) and a radio. You'll need all those if your EVER eject in space..... I've installed several control panels, front windows (still need some finishing touch ups and sanding near them). I also installed the power connector under the fuselage for the LED's.... yes I will install several of them, in the cockpit, one for the elevator. I will have to decide if I will install some more like the navigation lights ..... I'll see later on...

See ya...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UDKnULUrT1ARnwSy6

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey Steph!

Doin' a mighty fine job!

Rob.
No way..... man it's been an eternity that we've talk....... Are you still building S:1999 stuff?

I'm currently stuck with the LED's...... I've installed two nano LED's inside the cockpit but I'm having problems when I install a 3rd standard white LED for the elevator.... it doesn't light up.... maybe it's because it's an HD LED. I ordered 100 nano white LED's, should get them in 2 weeks.... I can't close the darn cockpit because of that..... I'll try with a 3rd nano LED and see if it works..... I don't understand why, even with a 100ohm resistor to limit the current at 30mA..... I'll find the problem, you can count on me....

Send me a PM with your email... I'd like to catch up....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, it has been awhile hasn't it my friend. Glad we're both still alive too, could be worse!

:wink2:

If I do anything, as you know, it's Space:1999. I'm glad to see YOU'RE still a fan and it appears your confidence has grown. Judging by what you're attempting, quite a bit!

The LED's you're waiting on should correct your problem. You've got what sounds like a compatibility problem.

I'll send you a PM with the details you asked for.

Rob.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts