Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I'd post some pics of my recently completed Abbe class. I called it the Eclipse. I used the old Thomas Models resin conversion kit from a few years back. The kit itself was a ST IV refit Enterprise. I sanded off all the panels on both the kit and the resin parts for the saucer that had them. There is an Aztec pattern on the primary hull, though it's fairly subtle. The base colour is Testor's Light Grey. The shuttle isn't the one provided with the kit. I haven't finished that one yet! Decals are from a variety of sheets, including the movie era set that Thomas used to put out.

Comments and criticism are welcome.

Brad.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Looking good, Brad!!

You made her look great! Good job on blending in the lower deflector array, too. I see you made good use of that shuttle, too! ;)

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Looks pretty darn good there. I have one thats finished too and one thats still boxed. I should take some pics of the one I have finished, I used reliant engines versus the enterprise engines and mounted them a little more back than what it calls for, put the pylons up by the amplification crystal I think its called.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fokkerpilot said:
Man, that is one fine scratch build! Nice job :thumbsup:
Thanks. But unfortunately, it ain't a scratch-build. I sure do wish I could pull of a scratch build like that. Just a conversion kit. :)

Brad.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
capt Locknar said:
I should take some pics of the one I have finished, I used reliant engines versus the enterprise engines and mounted them a little more back than what it calls for, put the pylons up by the amplification crystal I think its called.
Yeah, I'd like to see that.

You recognized that shuttle, hey Barry? It looks kinda cool.

Brad.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice Job! Truely unique! I particularly like the rear mounted photon launchers! It's like Monty Pythons "run away-run away" Oh yeah, And kick Butt on the way out!
Eddie

·
Oxidation Genius
31,222 Posts
Now there's something I always wanted to build and never did. Nice job!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts