Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Frank and Son's collector show after my KDAY run and was able to go through many loose stuff.. most of it for .50 cents check it out.

KDAY Haul

First guy had these for .50 cents.

next guy had these for .50 cents

then these 2 for 1 dollar each

then another had these for .50 cents each as well.. I was like are you sure.... he said yeah got a nice R/C Ford F-350 brand new for .50 cents.

Got some Scooby vans for 3 bucks a pop... Not too bad and dont have to waste gas or pay EBAY for these...

And finally I thought I was done for the day and the wife was hungry and the kid wanted peaches.. so I went to Albertson's (the wife mentions that she saw a scooby Van, which she left behind as she did not know I was looking for it)... No Scooby Van but saw these on the second set of pegs I looke through right in front... The HW gods felt bad for me for having to deal with those knuckle heads at KDAY

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice haul... :thumbsup:

How is Frank & Sons these days ??? I haven't been there since 1994 when it was Sports Memorabilia / Comic Books / Figures / and very few Diecast ....

Oh and Wrestling in the rear left hand side behind the chain link fence.

How would you rate it today in what a person would see ??? How many tables ?? What kind of diecast / what scale of diecast ???

Just curious as its been a very long time since I stepped foot in the building.... Last time I was in the building was when it was on the front road sitting next too TRU Warehouse on Walnut Dr Exit ( Old Frank & Sons Building )

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Some interesting cars in the third pic.
What the heck is that cream colored wagon on the left?
Not only is the roof raised, but it gets wider at the middle. Some sort of ambulance or???

Is that a '50s show car in the middle?

And who makes that Alfa BAT toward the rear of the pic?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Not only is the roof raised, but it gets wider at the middle. Some sort of ambulance or???

Is that a '50s show car in the middle?

And who makes that Alfa BAT toward the rear of the pic?
the alfa bat is made by hot wheels. ;)

to me, the best score of the lot is the yellow bmw z1 made by realtoys. very hard to find and big bucks on ebay, specially German ebay ;)

Raed

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Nice haul and finds :thumbsup:
It's been a couple years since I've been to Frank and Sons. The price of gas and the 80 mile round trip pretty much keeps me from going any more.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
IIRC, it is called "Mini-Trek", some sort of Hot Wheels Motorhome of the future design from the early 1980s.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the comments guys... Yeah my favs from the lot are the BAT, the yellow BMW (its practically new with no paint chips), the F-350, and the trucks..... Frank & Sons is great, and I only found the place over the last year.... Many tables that range from HOt Wheels, Action Figures, Hats, Stickers, Comics, Sports Memorabilia, Cloths, posters, all the Black Majic cards games and more... I love goinf there, its like a little comic con, and can alwyas find wierd stuff.... Rememebr lots of these guys are the ones buyong up old lots of cars from Craigslist and ebay so they can fill their store up, and then we can pick through the stuff..... I looked up that BAT on E-bay its like 10 bucks loos and more for it carded.. and I got it for .50 cents.. So their are deals you just have to grind and dig for it..... Many of these will be restored and brought b ack to life so stay tuned for some updates on that front. Here some more pics and a pic of one thing I left out from my haul that day.. one of the booths has these cool Bus's I got them both for 5 bucks, and the red car for 1 buck.. does anyone know that car is... looks like an old mustang or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts