Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
is at a stand still because none of the big box stores have not had anything new in several weeks. Has anyone else been running into this problem?

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
I have slowed down quite a bit, but yes, it is a little slow for new stuff lately. It is an odd mix sometimes. We get 2013 stuff and then cases that came out 6 months ago.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I have slowed down quite a bit, but yes, it is a little slow for new stuff lately. It is an odd mix sometimes. We get 2013 stuff and then cases that came out 6 months ago.
Same thing happening here. My local Kroger just put out a massive display (eadiky 5-10 cases) of 2011's. No idea how that happened, especially considering its a brand new store.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I'm still buying about as much as I usually do, partially because the stores in this area are relatively good about putting out fresh stock, and partially because I still see a lot of older stuff that I still want.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Same thing happening here. My local Kroger just put out a massive display (eadiky 5-10 cases) of 2011's. No idea how that happened, especially considering its a brand new store.
In a grocery store - and probably retail as a rule, by extension - its called rotation. You are supposed to always put the oldest at the front and the newest at the back. As you are seeing, you get a lazy stocker and that doesn't happen, I suspect in a warehouse it is much more difficult due to the fact you are talking the need to rotate whole pallets, not individual cans/boxes, whathaveyou.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Blame the warehouse for it. If they've got old shippers collecting dust that's what's probably going to show up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts