Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
So, I decided to check out a hobby store today in Akron, OH. called Hilltop Hobby. WOW! I could have spent all day in that place, they had so much kool stuff! Most of what they sell is old/used stuff, so it's definitely on the cheap end. After looking around for nearly an hour, I had gathered up a bunch of good stuff. Then, the owner came in. We got to talking, and I commented on how much I liked their Greyhound station done in a classic 50's & 60's diorama. It's in O scale, custom made out of wood, and it's BIG! He said that they had had it there for years, and that I should buy it. I said that I'd like to, but I doubt I could afford it, nor have the room for it. He said he bet he could make me an offer I can't refuse. And, then he did. So, here it is on my kitchen counter. I got it home and cleaned it up. It was very very dusty, and in general disrepair. Some of the pieces were broken, windows were peeling and falling off, etc. It's missing one of the support columns and one of the bulbs. I did the best I could to clean it up, and glued what needed glued. I also added some more people. And, so now all I need to do is figure out where to put the thing. lol I do like it a lot. I just wish the person who built it had made it a little smaller. It's 18 inches x 25 inches x 16 inches tall. I'm debating whether to cut it in half and make it sectional. I'm just afraid of ruining such a beautiful custom made piece.
Wheel Car Tire Toy Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Building Automotive design
Building Interior design Entertainment Chair Leisure
Building Toy Window Wood Flooring
Toy Curtain Building Gas Motor vehicle
Dollhouse Toy Lego Toy block Construction set toy
Yellow Floor Flooring Leisure Building
Building Window Floor Flooring Ceiling fan
Toy Engineering Machine Rectangle Composite material

· Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been slowly fixing up the old Bus station. I replaced the missing column, the missing windows, did some touch up painting, added a couple of new benches, planted some new flowers in the flower pots, and a bunch of new passengers have shown up. Just my luck that one of the bulbs burned out just tonight as I was taking the pics. That's why the light is out in the news stand.
Wheel Bus Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Building Wood Tire Flooring Automotive tire
Window Interior design Art Flooring Event
Building Interior design Door Window Flooring
Property Building Window Interior design House
Toy Interior design Entertainment Performing arts Musical instrument

1 - 20 of 24 Posts