Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a few pictures of my Car Cave. I rebuilt the entire house and added a second story a couple of years ago and lost most of my space in the basement when I put in a home theater so a lot of my cars are in boxes now but I do like displaying atleast my Hunts.....

MY MOTORCYCLES

MOVIE CARS and OTHERS

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Cool stuff Gordon. I have to get my stuff in some sort of order. It is, but not what it could be.We will have to talk about those case/frames you have built.They look great.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Nice collection. I sure wish I could keep more than a few of my cars out on permanent display, but I live in fear of damage inflicted by light and felines.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Great display cabinets for your diecast collection :thumbsup:

Oh, You may want to figure out another way to display your Hockey Jerseys as the hangers will stretch the fabric and ruin the Jerseys if they are real Jerseys. I had a few Jerseys hanging in my closet and after 10+ years I noticed a few of them had stretch bump marks where the hanger was, so I took them out of the closet - off the hangers and folded them and placed them inside rubber totes for protection since they weren't framed. I have 4 that are matted & framed out of all I own.... Gretzky signed, Yzerman signed, Messier signed, Gordie Howe signed, but all the rest are all folded and put away in totes. Last count I was over 100 Signed Jerseys, 15 signed sticks etc...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks awesome!

Can those hanging hot wheels hooks still be bought?
Thanks. The hooks or clip strips were given to me by a local grocery store. They used to receive their HW's on short cards already hooked to the strips. They were going to give me all they got but those three were all I got....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great display cabinets for your diecast collection :thumbsup:

Oh, You may want to figure out another way to display your Hockey Jerseys as the hangers will stretch the fabric and ruin the Jerseys if they are real Jerseys. I had a few Jerseys hanging in my closet and after 10+ years I noticed a few of them had stretch bump marks where the hanger was, so I took them out of the closet - off the hangers and folded them and placed them inside rubber totes for protection since they weren't framed. I have 4 that are matted & framed out of all I own.... Gretzky signed, Yzerman signed, Messier signed, Gordie Howe signed, but all the rest are all folded and put away in totes. Last count I was over 100 Signed Jerseys, 15 signed sticks etc...
Thanks for the tip on the jerseys, I'm sure they are just knockoffs but I know what you mean about the hanger marks. I keep hoping to run into Crosby around here as he is from here (Cole Harbour NS) but he usually spends his time at his big summer getaway about 15 miles from here.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool stuff Gordon. I have to get my stuff in some sort of order. It is, but not what it could be.We will have to talk about those case/frames you have built.They look great.:thumbsup:
We'll talk......had to do a redesign when HWs went from 24 to 30 THs a year.

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Nice Hotwheels Collection Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Very nice display. Lots of great cars.
Love the jerseys. I'm old enough to remember watching Bobby Orr win Stanley Cups with the Bruins (my favorite team).
Looks like Sid may be sitting till they get this lock out straightened out.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Boo Hisssss to the Hockey owners, as a Caps fan I was looking very forward to this season. There is always added anticipation when you root for a competitive or historically significant team. We will likely lose the whole season and it's a shame.
But hooray for your displays, they look great. That's the only way to display carded, in protecto, makes dusting a breeze with no scuffs on the actual package. Good idea.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice display. Lots of great cars.
Love the jerseys. I'm old enough to remember watching Bobby Orr win Stanley Cups with the Bruins (my favorite team).
Looks like Sid may be sitting till they get this lock out straightened out.
Bruins all the way. I was born in Lynn Mass. and have always cheered for the Bruins. They just signed another local, Brad Marchand, I have met his parents a few times. The Bruins just traded another local, Andew Budnarchuck to LA I think. I see his parentes quite often, I think his father Scott played for Boston too.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
I was born in Lynn Mass.
TowGuy, I don't know if you're into fire apparatus, but there is a 1:50 scale 1960 Mack C rescue box truck by Signature Models in the period livery of Lynn Mass. Fire Department if you've never heard of it. I'm pretty sure it's Lynn Mass. They're easy to find on Ebay and elsewhere, and they're inexpensive.

By the way, I can't wait until I too have a proper toy cave! :)

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Bruins all the way. I was born in Lynn Mass. and have always cheered for the Bruins. They just signed another local, Brad Marchand, I have met his parents a few times. The Bruins just traded another local, Andew Budnarchuck to LA I think. I see his parentes quite often, I think his father Scott played for Boston too.
I am originally from Rhode Island so I saw a lot of Bruin games on TV 38 over teh years.
Again a great job on the room. It will fill up before you know it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TowGuy, I don't know if you're into fire apparatus, but there is a 1:50 scale 1960 Mack C rescue box truck by Signature Models in the period livery of Lynn Mass. Fire Department if you've never heard of it. I'm pretty sure it's Lynn Mass. They're easy to find on Ebay and elsewhere, and they're inexpensive.

By the way, I can't wait until I too have a proper toy cave! :)
Thanks. I'll have to have a look for those....

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Here is a few pictures of my Car Cave.

Since you like Hockey too .... I will share this with ya

Not too sure if you have seen one of these before... It's a 36" x 20" Lithograph

Limited Edition piece of 99 total by Channel Sports Inc in Canada...

It is signed by the ex-Captian of the Red Wings " Steve Yzerman " ...

Mine is #32/99

Ripples you see on the upper right corner is the ruffle window curtains in the room - Lithogrpah is perfect

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Since you like Hockey too .... I will share this with ya

Not too sure if you have seen one of these before... It's a 36" x 20" Lithograph

Limited Edition piece of 99 total by Channel Sports Inc in Canada...

It is signed by the ex-Captian of the Red Wings " Steve Yzerman " ...

Mine is #32/99

Ripples you see on the upper right corner is the ruffle window curtains in the room - Lithogrpah is perfect

Thanks, I have not seen those....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts