Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since Christmas and the nice BWF's sent to me by my Secret Santa, I decided to take the leap and travel down that scenic but elusive path known as BWF collecting. I've wanted to hop that trail every time I see pics of BWF's here on the board, but kept wondering how far I would get since my collecting took a nose-dive over the past couple of years for both personal and financial reason. That and older cars being hard to find. Hell, it's tough just locating some of the new ones. But now, after a few lucky finds of my own and the gracious help Secret Santa and of Dadscoronet...here's what I'm looking at since Christmas. Sorry no pics available at this time.

Kiss Funny Car
Kiss Stock Car
'67 Camaro
'69 Camaro
'70 GTX
'58 Corvette
'66 Charger
'66 GTO
Kopper Kart
'56 Chevy School Bus
'51 Mercury
'33 Willys Pickup
'70 Olds Cutlass 442
Nash Metropolitan
'59 El Camino
'70 Mustang Boss 429

Non-JL: HW's Kalifornia Kustoms '52 Chevy.

Carnut, yes the HW was purchased at K-Mart for $9.99...a price I too wrestled with and quite possibly would not have made the purchase. However, there was only one available and I was with a friend who likes flames of any kind. He said, "You know if you put that down, I'm gonna take it." And I saw me kicking myself every time I saw it on his shelf...so I bought the damn thing. Amazing what friends and a little collecting competition can do for your decision making...although I'm quite content with the purchase now that I have made it. I haven't taken it out of the plastic tube, and probably never will, but it's looking very sweet on my desk as I write this.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I bought that '52 Chevy when out hunting with DadsCoronet. I did the same thing - passed on it earlier, then picked it up after a week of wondering if it would be gone by the time I got back. It looks very nice in my non-JL BWF cabinet....

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Definately BWF,s are my favorite series , They are very scarce everywhere I believe . that is a nice hauler sschevyman1 .

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
70XR7 said:
I bought that '52 Chevy when out hunting with DadsCoronet. I did the same thing - passed on it earlier, then picked it up after a week of wondering if it would be gone by the time I got back. It looks very nice in my non-JL BWF cabinet....
At $9.99 a pop, they're not going anywhere anytime soon :drunk: ;)

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Stoke your furnace!

The Force is mighty powerful, oh supporter of dragnet. There is no turning back once you have resigned to its unrelenting grasp!
Just to entice you a little more, Robert, I bet if you come to JJ '07 you will have the opportunity to expand your fiery pile! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Olesarge90...I know I'm going to regret asking this because it's probably something I won't be able to find or afford, but where on earth did that BWF hauler with "Burch Engineering" come from? I know I've sen picks of it here before, but as I was still keeping BWF's in my mind as an impossible quest I never asked about it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts