Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. :)

This is a Hot Wheels Mystery Machine that I bought for my brother recently.

He really enjoys playing with it and he has owned it for a few months now.

You can see that there is a few minor paint chips and there is also some wear on the vacuum metalized parts, like the wheels and base.

It really shows the high standards of quality and durability of basic Hot Wheels cars. :thumbsup:

My brother can be rough with his toys sometimes, but he generally takes care of them.

Happy Halloween Hobbytalk. :)

Thanks.

BANSHEE GTR

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
One of the reasons they are perceived as rare. That really sucks . I mean, what is the purpose? He will sell them for $2.00? Or collect 100 of them thinking he has a goldmine? Truth be known, I fell into that trap early, but quickly realized I was only preventing others from getting one.
I passed on 4 yesterday at the local Walmart. Didn't want to horde. I saw a guy grab them all right after.....

·
Premium Member
9,558 Posts
Nice Scooby Doo Mystery Machine Vans Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
777 Posts
One of the reasons they are perceived as rare. That really sucks . I mean, what is the purpose? He will sell them for $2.00? Or collect 100 of them thinking he has a goldmine? Truth be known, I fell into that trap early, but quickly realized I was only preventing others from getting one.
I am gulity of that but I pick up for my friends.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
I don't have one yet. I hope to find a couple of them: one for my personal collection and one for my son who has an Ice Cream vending van painted up like The Mystery machine!

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Interesting error! Got a picture?
Not an error. It's the way he and his partner bought a used 1:1 Ford Econoline ice cream truck! I didn't think to take any pix of it last time we visited him. We don't se him too often since he lives in Michigan and we're just outside Philly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Very nice! I opened one of mine and it definitely has a good weight to it!
Yeah. :)

The Mystery Machine is still quite hefty despite having a plastic base.

I like die-cast vehicles that have a good weight to them, they feel more substantial to me. :)

It has to be one of the heaviest mainline castings I've seen this year. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

BANSHEE GTR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts