Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally finished my Dracula. Pretty much straight from the box. About the only thing I did to it was add texture on the outer edges of the rock wall and the inside of the door opening. I deviated from the paint color for the inside of the cape. Couldn't bring myself to make it purple, I went with a blood red satin look. All hand painted with a brush.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Very nice! I added some lighting effects to mine and will post some Halloween display pics, including Drac, soon. :thumbsup:

Michael

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Works for me. Nice job! I like this kit a lot although I have not made much progress on mine. Your base is really well done too.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Pretty nice.Really shows Drac's intense stare.Nice lively colors used in this kit as well.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty nice.Really shows Drac's intense stare.Nice lively colors used in this kit as well.:thumbsup:
Thank you. People forget, the film was in black and white, but the stage play was in color. I did set design and props for a H.S. production of "The Passion of Dracula", we used a very vibrant color palette.

·
Curmudgeon
6,618 Posts
Whenever I see a build-up as nicely done as this, it makes me wish I were more of a Dracula fan. I particularly like the look in the first photo--the way the lighter colors of the stone wall act as a visual frame for the darker colors on the figure's clothing. Seriously strong work RSN!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like the red inside the cape, I went with purple when I did mine but if I do another, I am going red too. You did a great job on getting the cape to fit the figure.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whenever I see a build-up as nicely done as this, it makes me wish I were more of a Dracula fan. I particularly like the look in the first photo--the way the lighter colors of the stone wall act as a visual frame for the darker colors on the figure's clothing. Seriously strong work RSN!
I am truly humbled by your words, thank you.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I like the red inside the cape, I went with purple when I did mine but if I do another, I am going red too. You did a great job on getting the cape to fit the figure.
The cape is the tricky part! :thumbsup: To get the red, I first painted the inside flat black then dry brushed a few coats of white, making sure to get a lot of coverage but not lose the shadows in the folds, then I brushed on 3 coats of Clear Red. That gave it just the right shine to look a bit like satin.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
One more picture of MY Dracula and someone he had over for...................dinner! You can see the texture I added to the door frame in this shot up close.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome!! I can't wait for the Drac and victim version!!
It should be nice. There are signs of that kit in this one. You can see the alternate hole for his feet plugged over, (I added a bit more texture to the floor to get rid of the slight circle from the mold cover!), and the alternate piece for his cape over his left arm is in there as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts