Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done masking ALL the windows. Gave her a good coat of primer then flat white, then she got a coat of clear acrylic enamel. I just ordered a set of the Aztec Dummy templates for the hull plating. Any hints, tips, suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Surprisingly, I found the saucer aztecing a lot easier to deal with than the engineering hull. There turned out to be a lot more surface area to cover with masking there than I thought! Also, the warp engines are a bit tricky to get to look right. The patterns are a lot less regular, so you pretty much have to come up with a pattern that looks right to you. You can see some pics of mine here: http://www.andysrandomstuff.com/trek/plrefit/engineering2/

Finally, and this may have been a problem with my particular set of templates or the paint I was using (or a combination of the two!), but I had troble getting the templates to stay stuck. While this was good in a way (as it ensured little if any paint was pulled up when the templates were removed), it also meant that painting was a bit more of a hassle as I had to smothe the templates down immediately before spraying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts