Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I am getting there, I need the vampire and customizing kit one to complete the original aurora monster collection, I had the vampire but traded it for another kit, have regrets,hope everyone enjoy looking , and thank you for taking the time to look, appreciate it.
Randy

·
Registered
657 Posts
Holy crapperooney!!

I don't suppose you have individual close-up shots of your models do you? I've always enjoyed seeing the paint job you do on the ones you've posted, but I haven't seen all the ones up close that you have in your dispaly case.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you guys for your kind comments, this has always been my long time dream, since I was 10 years old, I am 51 now lol,
Mark i lucked out on these cabinets, sears warehouse had them on sale , bought all 5,they are now discontinued, they were a bear to assemble though.
Frank here is some very old pics of my models, I will someday have a pro take pics of each model.

Randy

http://groups.msn.com/AURORAMODELS/shoebox.msnw?albumlist=2

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Great models! Wish I had those display cases! I'm sure I saw your Mummy somewhere before. Ddi it ever get used in Amazing Figure Modeler or something simular?

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
ditto on all of the others comments! THis is probably the best display and collection of original aurora kits I have ever seen in one place like this. Impressive to say the least. and like everyone else said.....LOVE THOSE SHELVES! haha...whenever I get a house built I am looking forward to having something like this. THanks for posting!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks again everyone for the great comments, no mummy posted in any mag, but it is posted on cult tvmans web site.Btw this collection did not happened over night, it took years to get it to this level, its not only the money, its finding the models complete, a hard task say the least, ebay makes it a little easier to obtain missing parts.

Randy

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
I admire that you only want to collect original Aurora kits. As for me, I'm happy with building anything monster related. - read - Polar Lights! :D

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah the reason is, that I had most of this stuff as a kid, i wanted it all back,I never get tired of these old relics.Getting big frankie in 1965 for christmas was a high that I will never forget, on the way home from school,I gawk for hours at big frankie through the drug store bay window, dreaming of owning and building it, thats why I build and collect originals, because of happy memories, each of my models has a great memory attached to it.
Randy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Loved seeing your collection. And especially love the units, that's the way to display!!!!, some day in another life maybe. I see in one photo some super hero models, maybe you can add some photos of that side, would love to see them. You are so right about happy memories attached to the kits. I'm 48 years old and can still remember my first model kit, It was the Aurora long box Dracula. At that time I didn't have any idea what a model was or what was in that box, but that box top just sucked me in and I knew I had to have it, so my father bought it for me at Branch Brook here in New Jersey, and much to my horror when I opened it to see it all in pieces. I was to young to use glue and my father was a fireman and worked nights so I had to wait for him to get around to assembling it. So I would scotch tape the pieces together, which just did not cut it for me. And I also painted Dracula's entire head gold, I still don't understand why. But I eventually learned how to do it, and it was no stopping me from then on. Good times, good times!!.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Repeat all the above Buzz ! Especially envy your shelving. :thumbsup:
I also remember my first model. A dino skeleton built from actual parts I found laying around the cave. :tongue: They called it Brontosaurus back then. ( Actually a Palmer Bronto, of which I've found two on eBait for my stash of 'nostalgia' kits. )
Dabbler

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks John for the kind comments, yes I will take a pic of the heroric figures some time soon.Thanks for the great Dracula story, really enjoyed it, those were
innocent times as a kid.
Randy

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had emails for request to show pics of the super hero showcase, here are some quick pics, thank you all for your interest.
Randy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Let me start with WOW. That side is just as stunning as the others. I especially love the Wonder Woman, Batman and Captain Kidd I think that is who that is. But then again they are all excellent. It's like a museum, I can imagine just standing there for ever examining all that great work. Some times I often think about just how many kits I would have now if I was smart enough to have kept all the kits I had all through the years. I hate to say it but I feel that this is a dying hobby. Kids today have no interest or patients for kit building with all the other things to do today, and most of them have a plug. I tried with my kids, they did it for a bit but it ended quickly, the video games just kept calling. If you know what I mean. Well, it's a different world.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
John thanks for the great comments, btw the pirate is blackbeard, yes once all the babyboomers die off, it maybe a hobby from the past.Its us older folks keeping this figure hobby alive.
Randy

1 - 20 of 29 Posts