Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

A few months ago I purchased a loose 1998 HW Employee Holiday Dairy Delivery. I really wanted a BP'd one, but they are just too much $$$. So for the past few months, it has been in my Dairy Delivery wall case.

Last night I decided to see if I could come up with a simple display for it. Here is what I came up with.

I think it turned out OK :) Thanks for looking. Take care and have a great Labor Day weekend all.

Scott

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
that came out fantastic.
got any tips on how ya did it ?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Hey Scott,
Did you make the folded box base and the artwork in the background.

That came out real nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good job, displays your Dairy just right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All,

Thanks for the nice comments. Yes I did make the folded box base and artwork.

As for how I did it, I did it the hard way :rolleyes: I pulled off the stock cardboard piece and unfolded it. Then with a lot of patience, I duplicated it on an excel spreadsheet. I don't have any fancy programs on my system, so I make do with what I have. Once I had the outline, I just found a picture I could crop for the background. It's all trial and error as far as sizing things. Once I had the picture, I just put in the text and found a font that looked similar to the font on the original BP, which I had a picture of.

If anyone would like a copy of the excel spreadsheet with the artwork, drop me an e-mail at .... [email protected] , and I'll forward it to you.

Take care.

Scott

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot to add that the display is not quite finished. I want to pick up a few small snow covered trees to put in the corner. Or I might try and find a small Christmas tree to put in there. I think that would finish off the back corner nicely and not over power things.

Scott

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
scott. wont be long and all stores will have the mini trees out. big lot sell them also only with a stone wall - bench- and 3 trees. i think thay were 2.99 last year.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Gunn ! I wasn't even thinking about waiting until the Christmas stuff was out. LOL :p Thanks for the tip :thumbsup:
Scott

scott. wont be long and all stores will have the mini trees out. big lot sell them also only with a stone wall - bench- and 3 trees. i think thay were 2.99 last year.

·
Registered
350 Posts
That looks damn good Scott. I have a few of the holiday cars in storage and I think some of the sets have Christmas trees in them. I'll take a look today and let you know what I find.

Jason

1 - 16 of 16 Posts