Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well there I was, 15 laps into a whole lot of grinning when BAM, there goes the second set of gears I just put into my 10th scale slider. Now I've read the post, and know all about the tranny being weak but I still wanted a sprinter style car "reasonably priced". I was happy turning the 5.4 second laps (as fast as our 17.5 1 cell class) with a 11.5 turn brushed motor and not even having really dialed the car in yet when the gears went (aluminum one bit the dust too).

So I was sitting at home looking at the thing and was saying to myself "How do stop this stupid thing from doing this again?" Then it dawned on me, there was that Losi Kinwald Cr buggy sitting there yelling at me to use it. So I did and here is what it came out like.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With the stock tires 10.900". I am planning on running it as a USAC style midget like that is run in the Silver Crown Series. So no wings and it will have foam pan car tires on it. Their really isn't anywhere around here to run any type of sprint cars so I have to run it in with the Mod Truck class.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raced the "hopped up" sprinter last night against the Mod Truck guys and for 90% of the first qualifier I had the field covered. With about 30 seconds to go coming off turn 4 the car took a nasty hook turn left for no apparent reason. Upon closer inspection the right side CVD failed (Losi CR Buggy part), it had cracked right down to drive pin hole and through the other side about 3/16". So a quick scramble to replace it and I didn't have an extra one so we ended up swapping the arm and shaft from a XXXT. Second qualifier wasn't that great because I didn't finish getting the rear suspension set correctly, so the RHS of the chassis was dragging on the carpet. Before the mains I reset the rear end and was hoping for the best. The car was a LOT looser coming off the corners with the wider rear arm but I was still able to lay down a 5.09 sec lap. Now I just need to find some stiffer 1 1/2" long springs to help it through the corners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts