The drool was done by heating up a stick of Hot Melt Glue. I used to be so good at it I could create the little drop bubble just before it would fall effect. It has since chiped off the drool line on this model. Hold it till it starts to show signs of solidifing and then an up down motion to seprerate.
The dome on the creature was a clear plastic and when I airbrushed the model tan, I didn't airbrush the upper crest so when I applied the Minwax mahagony stain, it did what I thought it would do on bare unfinished plastic and started to seperate into tiny droplets of color. Here was the trick, it wasn't rubbed on like the body. It was airbrushed thinly over the head. This caused seperation and not pooling leaving the motted effect you see. Then I airbrushed the darker color build up of color after I had sealed the head in clear Krylon.