Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Scored these tonight while at WM. The only thing they had left on the pegs were about 10 to 12 cars, some Street Freaks Imports, and one each of the cars I did buy.
Pardon the pics if they are terrible. I'm still working on figuring out my new Christmas present.

2005 Ford GT from Mustangs & Fords and Classic Gold

Mopar or no car '67 Plymouth GTX Conv. & '70 dodge Challenger

Mopar Muscle Magazine '67 Plymouth Barracuda & Mustangs & Fords '69 Ford Torino Talladega

Last but not least, Marvel Rogue '01 VW New Beetle (to go w/ my WL version)

Ok, I had to edit this to add that I'm happy with how these pics came out. Way better than the old camera. :)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Good finds. Seems like the stores are finding an assortment of items in their warehouses that got lost throughout the year or chucked around the stockroom.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SkipperC said:
Niiiice. And for a buck....Still need to get my hands on one of those Talledega's............. :thumbsup:
Email or pm your addy info. I'll stop back tomorrow and grab the other one for ya.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
edseldave said:
My local WM is re-doing the toy section & no JL's are to be found .....
Ironically enough, my Wally World is in the process of the redo and low and behold, they got NEW JL in!?!?! I haven't seen any new product at that store for about a year or so. Same old SF and Poker on the pegs...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Inciteful said:
Ironically enough, my Wally World is in the process of the redo and low and behold, they got NEW JL in!?!?! I haven't seen any new product at that store for about a year or so. Same old SF and Poker on the pegs...
exactly - the nearest WM to me has about 100 Poker cars crammed onto 4 pegs (only a slight exaggeration) all with really ratty cards because they have been through 3 or 4 WM rearrangements by now. I don't know why they won't clear them out. I might buy some of them for $0.25 each...maybe.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This WM is redoing the section also. There was only one new car, the Torino. They also had one, and only one, of the new 1/24 purple Cudas in the new package everyone has been talking about. Wonder where the others were? There's gotta be more than one of each of these in the case.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Bill, unless there is a purple Cuda in this release, the car mentioned earlier is the '70 Challenger T/A. There were 2 at the WM I tried to buy 1 at Tuesday. Sure would like to get my hands on it cuz the Challenger is my favorite '70's muscle car! :thumbsup:

BTW - sent you a PM.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DadsCoronet said:
Bill, unless there is a purple Cuda in this release, the car mentioned earlier is the '70 Challenger T/A. There were 2 at the WM I tried to buy 1 at Tuesday. Sure would like to get my hands on it cuz the Challenger is my favorite '70's muscle car! :thumbsup:

BTW - sent you a PM.
Ok, my mistake. I saw the color purple (not the movie, just the car :lol: ) and for some reason "Cuda" popped into my aging brain. Must be the gray hair sapping my memory strength.
I got your pm and pm'd you back.

·
Registered
999 Posts
My Wally reset had about 9000 Playerz cars for $1 each, some Dubs and Old School, and several others that I don't remember, all on clearance. JL were also on clearance, such as Lightning Strikes 2004 down to $1, and Import Heat (the original series, not the later Street Freaks offerings) on clearance for $3!!! That is the clearance price! Many years ago, when they were first hung on those pegs, they were priced at $2.84, and they were new and on good cards. Now, I cn get them on clearance for more than the original price. Clearly, I do not understand big business.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I picked up as many $1 cars in the Dubs, JL, and anything I liked. This time of the year is awful for hunting in these evil stores. I've seen a 1/24 JL case at 2 different WM's, on the pallet, and figured they would be out the next morning. Neither store has stocked them, and it's been 3 days since I saw them.

I hate this time of year!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts