Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ranchero- Well, here 'tis........

Don't much care for the yellow but still would drive one if they do actually produce it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Does Puppycat know about this?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
STUTZ said:
Does Puppycat know about this?
Ya know, I don't think I ever mentioned it to him....someone else may have though....maybe I'll send him a PM and invite him over to the 43 realm... :p :wave:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Scott Moen said:
This will NEVER happen ! Only a rumor :jest:

Scott

Sorry I forgot about you Scott.

Nice to see you posting again! :thumbsup: Especially in the 1/43 scale forum. :wave:

Have a GREAT WEEKEND!............Ray

·
Registered
343 Posts
SkiperC - Thank you for the captivating representation of the Mustang. I don't like that car at all; it has four passenger doors and a very sloped rear end. What I want, what I like is a two (and only two) door passenger door wagon with a squared back. I guess you'd call it a Mustang version of a Volvo 1800ES or even of a Volkswagen Squareback. To me it is a "shooting brake". I like the long front doors of a coupe. I like the uselessness of child only rear seats (we have to go in my wife's sedan for dinner if we are picking up another couple). I like the increased cargo capacity of a squared off rear end. I am aroused by the concept you posted but there are two too many doors and about three feet too little of rear roofline for me. My idea is the 1800ES proportions made into a modern Mustang and forget any passengers in the rear seat. Thanks for the look at the concept though. I bet Ford does not have enough guts or money to pull off anything like your posting or like my ideal.

As brain dead as I think they are, I don't think Ford would ever try to call a four door wagon version of a Mustang a "Mustang". Hopefully they'd call such a silly thing a "Country Sedan" or a "Squire" or a "Ranch Wagon" - but not a "Mustang". A Mustang has two and only two doors. A shooting brake Mustang, with two and only two doors, could be called a "Mustang" without offending fans of coupe, convertible and fastback versions of the Mustang. A four door Mustang would kill the special aura that has grown after 40 plus years. A Mustang has two doors. Ford and Mustang fans can live with a squareback two door wagon but not with any four door Mustang interation.

Of course, as stupid as Ford is, they could completely destroy the "Mustang" niche. They did with Cougar; a beautiful two door coupe became everything - a wagon, a four door sedan, a front wheel drive secretary's car and in the early '80s even an ugly car. I don't trust Ford to make any good decisions with that very valuable brand name "Mustang".

- ranchero (a two door car guy) -

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes, that is the right concept. The BMW Z3 coupe was also a car that was close in concept, but just a bit too small for my tastes. A Mustang - then & now - is the perfect size for my ideal shooting brake.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
ranchero said:
Yes, that is the right concept. The BMW Z3 coupe was also a car that was close in concept, but just a bit too small for my tastes. A Mustang - then & now - is the perfect size for my ideal shooting brake.

GM made a concept Firebird brake in the 70s. Very good looking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts