Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mustang Collector
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some early pics of the Mustang online tonight. I came across the pictue below. How many of you would buy it if JL actually made it. Only problem that I would foresee is that it could not be used that often before i got old but man would it be cool in in the Gold Series or a before and after set.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
I would buy it. A must have for a collection of Mustangs.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I would buy it in white plus a bunch of other early sixties Ford colors. I'd like to see what the concept cars would look like in their contemporary production colors.

If I remember correctly, that little roadster is powered by a mid-engined V-4.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Ok, never seen it before... is this a pre-1964 mustang concept? or was this concept made after the mustang was already released?

I'd buy every concept car JL would make, no matter of make/model!

I love concept cars due to their uniqueness and style that they put into them

Understand your point on how often they could be used in the JL Line up, but I say you could get a couple few decent uses out of them

"Before they were cars" Series...
"Imagination VS Production" 2 car head-to-head sets
"Artistry In Motion" Series...
"What could of been..." 10 car box set

I could go on and on with series names you could use these types of cars in.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
If I remember correctly, that little roadster is powered by a mid-engined V-4.[/QUOTE]

Exactly right and it was much more than a concept. My Dad worked for a Ford dealer and brought home a movie (16mm) remember them, of that car being run around a high banked oval test or race track. Quite a sight.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
The only problem I would foresee is that it would suit some population of Mustang and Concept car collectors, but wouldn't appeal to the masses. I don't think it would work in a myriad of colors and/or tampo styles which would make the casting less attractive for the line. Not enough versatility. Just my opinion.

Oh and I wouldn't buy it personally.

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Yeah I think I might buy that one.

G

·
Me too. I've seen the film footage of this car being run hard, solo, on a race circuit. It would have made a neat little car but the engine was from a European Ford Taunus which had no application here in North America. Besides, I suspect Dearborn had a four-seater in mind for the volume Mustang from the beginning.

http://www.autoweteran.gower.pl/concept_timeline.html Great site. Thanks!

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
This Mustang now resides in the Henry Ford, Greenfield Village Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. It would make an outstanding JL. Topperish looking and would look good in Candy Chrome Blue !.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts