Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a day off... really dont get to go out and hunt for diecast much anymore... used to work as a field technician and got to stop in places at various times of the day, but that was 6 or so years ago

Had a day off today, wife is out of state visiting her sisters, no kids to deal with... thought I might take a chance on a mid morning hunt for diescast, used to find some pretty good stuff back in the day, there were some stores that used to stock AFTER the morning opening..so I thought, just MAYBE, it's a Thursday... some stores putting out Xmas stuff already....
Was thinking, nowadays.. excluding specialty/1 off stores like Hobby Lobby or some place like T J Max... have only these?

Meijer
Target
Wal-Mart
K Mart
Big Lots
Krogers
Toys R Us

Hit one of each... not much to see.. actually saw my first BOD in about 7 years at the Wal-mart...wow, poor cars. Saw that HW black El Camino with the jet engines and the new Merc Cyclone at TRU... Big Lots was trashed, word was out on those HW... Target had the HW's on sale, but they were cleaned out, only about 12 cars left on the pegs... Kmart still leaning on the left over Kdays cars... the Kroger by me got a TON of HWs over the last few months and they were stripped of anything good, now the 100's of leftovers are just sitting.... last was Meijers...
Pegs were full, but looked like alot of old stock... managed to find a 52 Chevy pickup TH... and then this one caught my eye... probably not hard to find, but this color and the detail just got to me.... and it's in the M2 Drivers series, so no opening doors or hood, but still... not even a fan of all black wheels, but these seem like black chrome and just go so well....

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
wave 16 of the drivers is realy nice.i got the set and the super bee is so bad ass .that cudda is another great one from that run:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I stopped at several smaller stores like Dollar General, Freds, ect and all are low on stock. Walgreens manager told me his BIG truck would be in around the 25th and his HWs should be there. I am expecting the all of them will be getting the Christmas stock in soon. For the next couple of weeks I will stop more regularly hoping to be the "early bird"

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope yer right on the Walgreens... I also hap-hazard-ly stopped int o 2 different ones within the last 2 weeks and it LOOKED like they started on the Xmas stock... they were expanding the toy section, new boxes on the floor, but NO HW's and one had like 2 cars on the pegs, the other about 5 or 6...

Ya kinda have to keep trying, especially here around the MOTOR city..... veeerrry hard to find good stuff here, seems like everyone is a collector. I hold fast to my theory that if someone posts about new stock or finds at a store, around here it is already too late... you can run right over there, and all the good stuff will be gone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts