Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:I am new to the muscle machine line of cars,My collection is based on collecting differant makes of cars,My question is are the muscle machine cars 1/64 size comparable to a matchbox or hotwheels,I purchased a Jada & found it to be bigger,There is a couple of cars i need such as the Subaru Impreza & Toyota Celica,As i display these by year in a case i want them to all be close in size,Any help appreciated,Thank You

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I assume you are referring to the JGTC Muscle Machines.
They look to me to be indeed larger than 1/64, closer in size of Jada's Option D cars. However the detail of these cars is incredible enough that there is no way I would keep them out of my collection.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
No Muscle Machines are 1/64th scale. Their claim to that size was purely a marketing ploy. Their actual scale (for the cars) is about 1/50 or even a little larger. The military vehicles obviously are a little smaller.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
They say the true 1/64 Car is the JL but HW/MB come close

RC are close to 1/64

Jada 1/55 from 2000 up .....1999 were close too 1/64

Maisto 1/87 in some Cars to 1/64

MM's 1/55

HW G Machines 1/50

Pixar CARS 1/55

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I dont find JL to be true 1/64. Just compare a Cobra to a Talledega.
For the U.S. brands I find GL and 100% HW to be most consistent with scale.
This is among many reasons I just try to collect within a range: Jada BTM to MB Hearse.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I assume you are referring to the JGTC Muscle Machines.
They look to me to be indeed larger than 1/64, closer in size of Jada's Option D cars. However the detail of these cars is incredible enough that there is no way I would keep them out of my collection.
I agree -looked this one over and looks like around 1/50 or 1/55... these JGTC cars were some of the coolest things MM did.... if u like Imports... very realistic, but I never took this one out of the package and some said they didn't roll very well. There were also other MM Celicas and Subarus, the highly modified and more cartoon-y ones... maybe he is talkin about those

1 - 6 of 6 Posts