Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas,

Well with the new 4200's and maybe a new process of care for them I was wondering how everyone likes the new much more tray? I have read the thread about the trinity tray and like many others trying to decide which tray to go with.

Has anyone used the pc connection yet on the much more?

Thanks Michael
www.lailspeedway.rc50.com

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Hey Michael,

Both trays do a great job on the IB cells....The much more just discharges a lot faster than the Trinity tray but cost twice as much. If money is not an object then get the muchmore. You can discharge a full pack in 35-40 mintues instead of 1.5-2 hours. It takes about 15 minutes to equalize a pack on the trinity and about 2-3 minutes on the much more.

Both are great just depend's on the budget or paitence.

EA

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Eric-
Does the muchmore do a Pulse discharge? Just wondering how it brings them down so quick. I have never tried the Trinity one with a Liner discharge.
Thanks
Joel

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
J-Dub Racing said:
Eric-
Does the muchmore do a Pulse discharge? Just wondering how it brings them down so quick. I have never tried the Trinity one with a Liner discharge.
Thanks
Joel
Yes it does a pulse 30 amp pulse discharge. Every 6 seconds of time on the machine is 1 sec of actual battery discharge time at 30 seconds. It doesnt get the cells hot but it doesnt affect the cells either. No long term affects on cells.

They Trinity piece disharges at a 30 amp pulse (just like the little clip on dynapulse they used to sell) until 1 cell reaces the cutt off voltage...then it goes to a different type of discharge and drops the rate down a lot....I dont really understand why they built it that way....Long term will tell if this thing hurts cells or helps them.

EA

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
EAMotorsports said:
They Trinity piece disharges at a 30 amp pulse (just like the little clip on dynapulse they used to sell) until 1 cell reaces the cutt off voltage...then it goes to a different type of discharge and drops the rate down a lot....I dont really understand why they built it that way....Long term will tell if this thing hurts cells or helps them.

EA
I noticed it dropping back the discharge rate and wondered why they did that also. I have been using one the last couple weeks and have noticed some increased run time but have not cycled the packs for numbers. I don't think that it will hurt the cells in anyway because at the point that it does this there is hardly anything left in the remaining cells. If there is any signifigant run time in the remaining cells, then you probably have a bad cell and it needs replaced. EA, have you cycled that pack of 4200's that you were abusing again in the last couple days???

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts