Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 902 Posts

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the new thread guys!
No word yet on the schedule.
We should know after school gets started.

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
Here's the new thread guys!
No word yet on the schedule.
We should know after school gets started.
Are you going to run the same classes as last year? or should I say, are you droping any? What is the offical tire, motor speedo and Batt rules for the SST class if you are running that class still?

Thanks,
Duke.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Buggies buggies buggies...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I think you are spelling that wrong. The g's are suposed to be n's.:)
That puts a new twist on "Run what you dung."
I wonder how many volts it takes to get those bunnies running. Do I have to install wings on them? The chickens might not go along with that idea.

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you going to run the same classes as last year? or should I say, are you droping any? What is the offical tire, motor speedo and Batt rules for the SST class if you are running that class still?

Thanks,
Duke.

Dearest Duke,;)
Thank you for your inquiry and concern related to class offerings at the Mt. Pleasant R/C Raceway and satellite office of Dukes Pro-Scale R/C Equipment Supply and Stripper Pole Manufacturing googa-plex.

While we won't be really dropping any classes at MP, a message of encouragement was sent forth last spring to all participants to 'gravitate' toward the TOUR classes.

Will that happen you may ask? I don't know. And frankly, I just want to see racers show up at all of Michigan's carpet oval tracks and support our little segment of the hobby and support the tracks the aforementioned racers can make it to.

For the most part, I'm hoping the guys in [what's left of] the SST class can put a 17.5 motor in their truck and join the fun in the TOUR Sportsman truck class. Granted, that will mean the end of the SST class as we know it. God rest it's soul. We had a good run and I'm proud to have been a part of it and I'm not too worried about pulling the plug on the life support equipment that has maintained the SST classes integrity at MP. The guys still in the SST class are dedicated/loyal racers. They will most likely mix in nicely with the TOUR Sportsman Truck class.

As far as tires, batts, motors, speedos and other rules. I'm pretty much burned out on those conversations. I feel the TOUR packages are pretty well-rounded and provide a class for most everyone, especially the traveling racers.

Any "local/regional/non-TOUR" class that can keep enough guys showing up and having fun with it will/should always be welcomed.

So Duke, in closing, I can't wait for the season to get started. I've yet to dust off my car. I need to get some tires ordered. Most importantly, Keith, Greg, Ray, Mark, Sparky, Russ, Mel and the rest of my All-Star team need to tell me what tires I need and which screws and springs I should mess with to make me fast!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sincerely,
The Legend King
(for at least a few more months):tongue:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
So I think Scott is "recommending" we try to get everybody running the TOUR classes:

1/10 Sportsman Truck (blinky 17.5)
Good for about 60 laps, same speeds as our Spec Pan Car (59) and SST Pan Car (62)
Combine everybody from those classes into this and it would be a great class with multiple mains.

1/10 Stock Spec (blinky 13.5)
Maybe good for about 65 laps? Might be the same as the 17.5 Pan Car (65) we ran which was an open speedo. But do we really need an intermediate class with only a 10-lap spread between slow and fast?

1/10 Super Stock (open 13.5)
Good for about 70 laps, was our 13.5 Open Pan Car (70).

I don't see a reason to run anything different. I'm for moving the girls out of the 17.5 spec and into 17.5 sportsman truck. So the body is a truck instead of a car, big deal. You only have to look at it 12 minutes a day once a week at best, so get over the ugliness part.

Instead of dividing up the limited pool of drivers into a bunch of very similar speed classes, get our numbers up in the core classes. If you were going to visit a track, wouldn't you want to go to one where you heard their classes had a dozen or two drivers instead of just 3 to 6?

Oh yeah, and if being on the pole means a Stripper Pole, I'm switching to off-road...

·
Premium Member
8,393 Posts
So I think Scott is "recommending" we try to get everybody running the TOUR classes:

1/10 Sportsman Truck (blinky 17.5)
Good for about 60 laps, same speeds as our Spec Pan Car (59) and SST Pan Car (62)
Combine everybody from those classes into this and it would be a great class with multiple mains.

1/10 Stock Spec (blinky 13.5)
Maybe good for about 65 laps? Might be the same as the 17.5 Pan Car (65) we ran which was an open speedo. But do we really need an intermediate class with only a 10-lap spread between slow and fast?

1/10 Super Stock (open 13.5)
Good for about 70 laps, was our 13.5 Open Pan Car (70).

I don't see a reason to run anything different. I'm for moving the girls out of the 17.5 spec and into 17.5 sportsman truck. So the body is a truck instead of a car, big deal. You only have to look at it 12 minutes a day once a week at best, so get over the ugliness part.

Instead of dividing up the limited pool of drivers into a bunch of very similar speed classes, get our numbers up in the core classes. If you were going to visit a track, wouldn't you want to go to one where you heard their classes had a dozen or two drivers instead of just 3 to 6?

Oh yeah, and if being on the pole means a Stripper Pole, I'm switching to off-road...
No one in the state is running TOUR 13.5 spec blinky car body class so that class does not apply to our group of racers here in MI.......at this point anyway.
Even though it would be an awesome class and slightly cheaper than the 17.5 open to run, tires wise that is.

Now to have the spec pan, SST and 17.5 TOUR truck classes running together under TOUR rules would be awesome!
Great idea Scott and Rob!
You have my vote!!! (even though my vote means nothing according to Keith)

But I am a firm believer in you gotta do what is best for your track and for your racers.....with out them there is no need for a track.....I know you know that too.:thumbsup:

My plan is to race everyone of the MP races this year!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
My plan is to race everyone of the MP races this year!:thumbsup:
Awesome! Can't wait to see those Snowbirds gals demonstrating the Duke'em Stripper Poles you're bringing.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
As myself wife says every night before dinner...
"This ain't Ponderosa, you eat what I make."
Hint hint, Scott... ;)

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As myself wife says every night before dinner...
"This ain't Ponderosa, you eat what I make."
Hint hint, Scott... ;)
I don't get the hint Rob, does this mean your wife is making dinner for everyone?
are you buying at Pondarosa?

Duke, I really hope you can make all the races at MP. That would be awesome!
Your support of carpet oval racing is really appreciated!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I don't get the hint Rob, does this mean your wife is making dinner for everyone?
are you buying at Pondarosa?
I'll buy just as much as Keith, wouldn't want to make him look bad.
As for the wife's cooking, better stick to Russ's cookies.
So you need a stronger hint, huh? I'll paraphrase this pretty smart guy named Fred...
"TOUR rules this year at the track!"

·
Registered
183 Posts
Tc car oval

WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO RUN A TC CLASS AT MT. PLEASANT WITH THE VTA BODYS LET ME KNOW AND WE COULD COME UP WITH WHAT MOTOR AND TRIES Wilkie:confused:

1 - 20 of 902 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.