Hobbyist Forums banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Yea busy at work is one thing but is he living there? I was told by somebody he can check his email on his phone. Well if he can he doesn't answer it.......

·
Registered
415 Posts
It's already too late, the money was paid to him before the 1st of Sept. when he was to place the order. I just tried to open a claim, I wasn't able to because he asked us to send him the money as a gift so he would not have to pay the Paypal fees. We can not dispute the transaction. That was pretty shrewed of him in my opinion. It looks like we are all out of luck, no transponders and no refunds.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
It's hard to understand and a shame that this guy would let a trader rating like his go down the drain.A mans word is his bond and once thats gone what do you have?Sorry to see you guys get screwed out of your hard earned cash.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Looks like you guys need to take a ride to the Mayhem festival... I bet ya this clown hangs out with the Tim and Thom Barth!

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Waiting on pins and needles....... :rolleyes: Guess if I want one before racing season is over I better go get it ordered.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dayum.. This seems to happen alot on the computer forum.. We had one guy take like 20 peoples money. Paypal got the police involved..

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Matt contacted me and stated MRT will be refunding money and he will refund us the same day.
Dayum.. This seems to happen alot on the computer forum.. We had one guy take like 20 peoples money. Paypal got the police involved..
I've dealt with Matt before and he has done the MRT Group buys before (I've done the same myself for a few friends). I kind of doubt he just up and decided this time he was going to take everyone's money. More likely he sent it to MRT, MRT sent the transponders to him and they got lost somewhere. Spider said he would refund the money when MRT gets to to him.

The reality of these things is that you can't get your money back for an insured package (MRT insures the stuff they send) the instant you decide the package is lost. You have to wait for the time period specified by the carrier before you can even file a claim, let alone have it paid. For USPS I had to wait 30 days after expected delivery date to file a claim and it took 30+ days after that to get the money. Royal Mail is probably no different.

Given the way people are treating this and him (as if he stole your money), I'm not surprised he hasn't come on here to get lambasted about the situation. Anyone here can contact MRT and explain their situation and ask if Matt did actually place the order and if it was shipped. Anyone done that? I've dealt with Terry Stockham (MRT owner) and I'm sure he would give you a straight answer. Until you have done that you have no right to call Matt a thief.

Anyone who paid him could have said they would pay an extra couple $$$ to cover the PayPal fees incurred by paying for a purchase instead of a gift (and charge it to a credit card). Anyone offer to do that? Anyone here could have just as easily ordered the transponders direct from MRT themself. If you need some, you can still do that. Find two guys (who you know personally and actually trust you) to go in with you and split the shipping. I did it for 4 others, but 2 works almost as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ta man......well said.
I always thought you were, "Innocent until proven guilty" in the USA. Granted, the "seller" could have kept people more informed.
Shrug....

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
i did the first round on the MRT group buy, and I got my 2 MRT xponders after a short wait.. the package DID get held up at customs a week longer than expected... but I did get the MRT's as I ordered.. no problems. oddness.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts