Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attached are pics of my completed reissue of the AMT/Round 2 Mr. Spock. I have to admit that it took a bit more work than I thought it would. Quite a bit of puttying and sanding. I ended up having to re-engrave a lot of the snake scales that I sanded off with a scribing tool. The kit is entirely brush painted. Even though it took awhile, I'm pleased with how it turned out.

I vividly remember the poor paint job I did on this kit back in the 1970s, so it was a real pleasure do do a nice job this time. There's nothing quite like seeing one of these old classic kits come to life with decent build & painting skills.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
It looks great and is quite clean.

I liked this kit and I built one for the local public library for a display. I built mine in one night.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
It's Babyface Nimoy in the fight for his life!

I love it!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I like this kit - I finally bought one, and look forward to building it (even though I don't think it really looks like Spock that much).

Nice job!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,238 Posts
Great snakes!! I'm very nervous about painting those well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Must have killed Shatner that he had to wait another 25 years to see an AMT model of him, and when it finally arrived the head was two sizes too small in proportion to the body. :)

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
I was thinking...why stop at Kirk? The only thing is that you also have to change the shirt logo.

It would be funny to see the entire Star Trek crew in the same pose...jumping onto the rock with phaser pointed and communicators open.

The 3 headed snakes could look strange all together...it would look like some kind of planet-wide extermination or something. OR...someone could sculpt up one big creature for all the crew to be firing at.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the positive coments everyone! It sure is fun to be able to do a nice job on these old kits.

It would be fun to kitbash this kit as well. An example would be taking Aves Epoxy Sculpt and altering Spock by adding his "Cage" landing jacket, or putting him in a "Wrath Of Khan" uniform.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts