Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found some time to do something besides work and sleep and haven't been hunting in over two months so off to TRU I go, with high hopes of finding something other than bare pegs. I arrive and beeline to the diecast aisle. It's been totally rearranged and there isn't a single JL in sight. I stare in disbelief. Along comes a TRU guy and asks me if I'm finding everything allright. I ask him where the JL's went. Next aisle over. WOOHOO!! Over I go and there they are!!! Pretty picked over, but new JL's none the less. No whites but I grab the red RoadRunner and a Gold Series Fairlane and 442. Walk over to the scanner and the Mopar scans at $3.99 and the Gold Series cars scan at $5.99. WOOHOO! I go back and grab a Pony Power Javelin and head for the door. On my way to the checkout, the same helpful employee stops me and says, "Hey, are you a collector?" I says, "Yeah, why?" He proceeds to tell me in a quiet voice that he saw the shipping manifest for the next day and that there was a bunch of JL stuff on it. Trucks'll be in tonite and stuff will be on the shelves first thing in the morning. Well, I don't know whether to believe him or not but I was there at 10am Thursday morning. Wow, sure enough, new JL's!! Coke, Coke and more Coke, a couple of Pony Power Mustangs, some Gold Series GTX's and four Head to Head 442 sets. No Dukes. No whites except for the 2004 Escalade from the Trucks and SUV rel 6. Hate the casting but bought it anyway. I find Mr. Friendly and thank him for the info. This is where my jaw about hits the floor. He hands me his phone number and says to call a couple times a week and he'll let me know if there are more shipments due in. I asked him why he was doing this and he said he use to be a collector but quit after getting married and having kids. I thanked him and left. Can't wait to see how this works out :wave:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I have a good TRU also. Most of the people working there are very helpful. If they know they will tell me when the truck is coming and most of it will hit the pegs. Alot of the time it is the way you treat them will come back around.
If it is a corrupt store though it is a corrupt store.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Must have been your lucky days.....enjoy the deal while it lasts.....Coke and VW's have shown up at one local TRU here...No WL's though..:(

·
Registered
255 Posts
That sounds like a good deal to have a respectable person that will give you the info. Instead of not telling you anything. Hope we hear of some good finds from you in the coming post!! ZF :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
G_G said:
So any more luck with "Mr. Friendly"?
Some...shipments have been slow. He did help me score the red WL RR from the new Mopar or No Car. I posted pics on the WL board. I'm supposed to call him again next Wed. :dude:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
zeb41 said:
Chris,
Were you on the north or south end of town?
Hi Ron, how have you been? I was at the Alpine store.......uh....no, wait, I was at the OTHER store, yeah the other store, you know the one, looooong ways away, real hard to get to......

:tongue: :p Just kiddin' :O) It was Alpine :wave:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts