Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see you guys are starting your season May 5 and May 6. I am possibly thinking of coming down and running. If the weather is nice both days which do you think would be the better day to come?

How out to lunch will I be with Triclone tires (3 blues and a green LR)?

What would I need to bring in the way of a table, chair, extension cord etc?

What time does the the track open and racing start?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Pat,

The turnouts are usually pretty even both days +/- 2 or 3 usually.

You need table, chair and a pretty long extension cord, an E-z up canopy is a good idea.

3 blues and a green is a pretty good starting point actually. You can get away with a lot more tire wise on concrete tracks anyway.

Last time I was there, it was super cold like low 50's with no sun, and I ran Blue RF, Pink Lf, Pink RR and Red LR. In july, when its hot, Blue rights and green lefts, is probably better.

Track opens 7:30ish, racing usually starts at 11a.m. 3 heats and a main(both days) then you are welcome to stay til its dark.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Come on down, it is a very laid back race day and everyone is there have a good time and race. It is a drivers track, so you should be right a home.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks AJ, yeah I'd like to make it down. We'll see. It kind of depends on whether I can convince anyone else to go and what kind of week I have at work. Do you think there'll be some 13.5s?

Are you going to make it up for the big Triclone race in July? 13.5 is a blast out there.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Pat I'm sure there will be 13.5's there. 2 guys practiced with them yesterday and they appeared to be quick.

I did talk with Charlie yesterday about maybe coming up sometime this summer and giving Triclone another try. Since we know you guys better now, maybe we would be able to get a good setup in the car and be a little bit more competitive.

Hope to see you in Marshalltown.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AJ I'm not sure which car you'll be running but somebody will be able to get you squared way with a good set up.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Pat, believe it or not, I'm running a bt510 short Hyperdrive, it has been a great car for outdoors.

I checked with my wife on the dates for the big brushless race in July and I am SOL, hugh family get together, kids from Ohio, Florida and Texas making the trip so I had better make the family happy and stay home, but we still might make it up for another event.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AJ, that's too bad. It will be quite the race I think.

Does marshalltown have a functional website again, yet? If not, what is the address? It'll be a little tough to find without that!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Mike is still working on a new website, I'll do some research and try and find an address. it is on the Marshall County Fairground. (East side of the fairgrounds.)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wish mother nature would have been alittle kinder, the wind was pretty ruthless. Good to see you give the slab a try Pat

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was fun, certainly challenging! The weather wasn't too bad, I didn't feel like the wind effected the car too much.

I wish I would have been able to stay a little cleaner I think 42 would have been pretty doable.

You guys should give the 13.5s a try out there. I think when everyone gets the gearing down and the weather is better the 4300s will be achieving speeds that will be very difficult to drive on that track.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mike C sure makes it look easy, Pat you were quick and faster than most of the 4300's. I'm blaming my mistakes on the wind anyway

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah he definitely does make it look easy out there. I hope you guys can all make it out to the big brushless race at the Triclone in July. That will be a blast. Your blues and greens from Marshalltown and Storm Steel will work great.

·
Registered
611 Posts
14 years of practice have really payed off. But yeah 4300 cars are getting very fast (6.4 second lap!!). I wouldn't say it was really hard to drive with my setup but it seems hard for most to get a setup to go fast. I've found that the easier my car is to drive the faster it is because I can drive it way harder.

I'll have to give a good thinking about coming up to tri-clone in July, That might be fun.

Mike C

·
Registered
611 Posts
Race 2 of the summer is coming up this weekend. We run Saturday and Sunday but we run 2 complete shows so you can come one day if that's all the wife will let you out for.

Hope to have a good crowd.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts