Hobbyist Forums banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
It wouldnt be as much fun if there were no critics - to tell us were we went wrong! 🤙
"Need input!"- Johnny 5
It's why we're here I guess. Otherwise we'd just build our stuff like in the old days- just for us.
Virtual pats on the back are cool though. PLUS all the shared info &
ideas...

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Yup, I've never tried to recreate a studio filming model or full sized mockup. The film stock, camera lenses, lighting, post production all distort colors, shapes, apparent size, and details to the point that it's pointless in my mind.
Like you I want to build what I saw, or what I think I saw, or what I want to see.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Yup, I've never tried to recreate a studio filming model or full sized mockup. The film stock, camera lenses, lighting, post production all distort colors, shapes, apparent size, and details to the point that it's pointless in my mind.
Like you I want to build what I saw, or what I think I saw, or what I want to see.
We reach!

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Okay I'm absolutely done painting this bird (with the exception of tiny R2 & the canopy I mixed a special small bottle of slightly bluish gray paint for (which will also trim the intakes)). Again, I gotta let it dry.
Two days off now. Weathering is easy (if a bit time consuming- I gotta be subtle here...).
Almost there/stay on target/almost there...

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #137 (Edited)
Wow! Looks fantastic (y) You made this one look right.
It's nowhere near as 'dirtied up' as the original filming miniature (as seen below here),

but as you must have read, that was never my intent (though I did include many filming miniature features for fun that may not have been necessary for my initial mission statement of impressionistic execution). I'm mostly doing what I see onscreen...

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
And a very fine job of capturing what YOU saw on screen this is. Nicely done!
Oh, that's the studio filming miniature above... I posted the picture so you could see how filthy they made it. Most of that dirt never showed onscreen was my point. Sorry for the confusion. I'm still putting the finishing touched on mine. Pictures of it soon (more wait for drying).

121 - 140 of 140 Posts