Hobbyist Forums banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Grrr Arggh my white paint was too old... went out to buy new & by the time I got home it was getting dark. Being an essential worker sucks. Almost never get a day off. Anyway, I used a brush to blacken the little bits the spray couldn't get into, which will remain dark after I lay on the white layers. Looking at the weather forecast, my next window to paint seems to be Sunday afternoon... hopefully...

·
Registered
95 Posts
That is turning out really nice! I like the simplicity of your technique here. I may have missed it earlier are you using an air brush or spray can?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I like your style. Fits this particular project, like you say. There's a lot to be said for old school. It's what I grew up on.
Regardless of the technique, accuracy, etc. there is no mistaking this for what it is and it's looking great!

·
Registered
3,434 Posts

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I spent what little time I had today eliminating tape leaks on the red markings... red enamel is so tedious to paint over...

Next up is a red sharpie ultra fine point for teensy tiny touch up, then I scrape what still needs chipping that I didn't get right while painting.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
What color red did you use? And the Sharpie matches well?

I suppose it does not really have to match for the effect. Military aircraft paint generally look
a bit ragged in wartime. As things get repaired in the field, they use what they have available.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts