Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think with all of the things happening on this board lately it's time for me to move along. Tonight or tomorrow I'm going to work on a local racers board, all of those who frequent this one are welcome but the race reports will be from HORSA, Sequoia, CCRA and WWC only. There will be a section devoted to those among us with true creativity, the resin slingers and the plastic suckers.

Hank, your site is a wonderful, valuable resource, thank you for creating it. But I'm finding more and more that the snerts out number the true hobbiests. And to have a dedicated HO Slot Car board is really what I'm looking for. I've had more than 10 orders placed off this site, only 3 have actually sent funds to cover their purchases.

If anyone is interested drop me an email and I'll send you the link when it's ready. Like I said, it'll be late this evening or tomorrow before I have time. I'm not going to openly recruit off Hank's board, and I will still visit, but my local guys who are my real customers, and guys like Bill and Montoya and others that have supported me, you can find my projects there from now on.

...and Bill, expect your cars in about a week, I ordered the plastic today to make the bodies for the FF's.

Fast Petey
[email protected]

·
Registered
401 Posts
Pete McKay said:
I think with all of the things happening on this board lately it's time for me to move along.
I would just like to let everyone know that BullFrog does not represent Hobby Planet, or the attitude of most of the racers. I'm just sorry that the problems happened on these forums.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It really has nothing to do with anyone or any group of racers in particular. It's just time that the local guys I race and trade with get our own home. As I said I still intend to visit but I can't see where I have that much to contribute to the site as a whole. I'm an H.O. guy, always will be, and I just want to promote that sport locally from a different place.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crimnick said:
You contribute a lot pete...your body works are exceptional... :thumbsup:

It'll continue, just over on the other site. My grandmother use to say "You can't please everyone all the time but you sure can wack them with a stick til' they say uncle". I'm not sure how that fits here, I was just thinking of it right at the moment. I've got a growing business locally, clubs are actually creating classes around the stuff they want me to do. I'm giving away less and selling more, and that's the trend I want to continue with.

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Crimnick said:
You contribute a lot pete...your body works are exceptional... :thumbsup:
I cant add much to what Crimnick said. I relished your talent and enthusiasum. You will be sorely missed here! I enjoyed being involved in the process. Thank you.

Please forward your new coordinates to me when your site is up. I'd like to follow along. Best of luck Pete. Keep the shine up and the rubber down.

Bill

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
take care, drop in here and there, you are not the first person to "take a break" from this place for awhile. A few years ago, when it was just a johnny lightning board, and the slot car section wasn't fired up yet, I stopped posting, then came back a few years later.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Pete McKay said:
It'll continue, just over on the other site. My grandmother use to say "You can't please everyone all the time but you sure can wack them with a stick til' they say uncle". I'm not sure how that fits here, I was just thinking of it right at the moment. I've got a growing business locally, clubs are actually creating classes around the stuff they want me to do. I'm giving away less and selling more, and that's the trend I want to continue with.

LOL...my grandmother used to say..."if you cant be good..at least be funny" :tongue:

Please PM me your next location as well...I promise to send funds for any orders... :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts