1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
to be honest i've never seen this one. and something just don't look right about it. the plastic tires just dont look right on it. usaly 100% cars have rubber.
also the quality of the car just isnt there. ( my opinion )
i would have liked to see pics of under the car.
heck i've been wrong before but eather way i would have passed on that car even if it was a hot wheels 100%

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's from the premiere line from 2001.they were the 100% of nascar but not in the black boxes.
So you're saying it is a Hot Wheels?
It's pretty elusive, outside of that listing, I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere on the interwebs. Even on Southtexasdiecast, or on another site listing NASCAR diecast.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
it's from the HWs nascar sereis.they came out in 2001.there were petty cars and several other drivers.i have a few of them.thety ran around 8$.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Item#: 29842
1981 GM-Buick #11 Waltrip,D Mountain Dew
PRO RACE SELECT/[BL][STD][HO][GYR]
$6 Mar 28, 2001
24998 made
WHITE/Green-Red/gray int/CWG
CHINA Base

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
The select cars were kind of a sub-series of the 100% cars that came in a regular blister instead of the box. They were very hard to find in the stores at the time and are still rare today. IMO that was a decent price for that car. As far as I know its the only time that casting was used.

These are all of the select cars...

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
ok no pepsi car but there was also the reg nascar cars.i got these.
richard petty HWs 44
kyle petty sprint 45
john andretti cheerios 43
ken scharder M&M 36
matt kenseth (rookie of the year) dewalt 17

there was alot of cars in this 2001 series but i belive the old school nascar cars were just the ones that gun had pictured.those were the only ones i ever saw and picked up.i got just a few of the reg nascar cars due to the 8$ price tag back than.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the pics and info Guntown!

I see what Gunn means about the quality, it seems a little rough for Hot Wheels. But the engine compartment wins a few points. Makes me wonder if that casting may have had it's roots outside of Mattel, (i.e. Corgi Hot Wheels) which might explain the single release. I think the green/white "Give me a Dew" livery is pretty sharp.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Thanks for the pics and info Guntown!

I see what Gunn means about the quality, it seems a little rough for Hot Wheels. But the engine compartment wins a few points. Makes me wonder if that casting may have had it's roots outside of Mattel, (i.e. Corgi Hot Wheels) which might explain the single release. I think the green/white "Give me a Dew" livery is pretty sharp.
Hey, hey Deal :wave:

I never picked that one up, I have the older Olds #42, #43 from the 50's and wait for it....

100% HW #36 M&M's Ken Shrader car in prototype form, so says the faded sticker under the car. My baby sis worked for M&M Marrs as a VP in promotions, including theyre NASCAR program. They handed out a couple at a meeting, since she loves her big bro, I got it for Christmas in 2002, so the dates match up, IIRC it had those hard plastic tires and was crude looking casting of the Chevy, or maybe a Pontiac they raced back then...it's not in my 'special' box and remember, I moved recently from a big house to a small apt, so it could be in any of the 100's of crates I have.

I'll look for that Mt. Dew Buick, I just might have it too, if so it's yours buddy, I have waaaay too much NASCAR stuff :tongue:

I seem to remember her giving me some other prototypes from Racing Champions in 1:24, one was the new M&M's #36 (debuted at the new Las Vegas track around that same time). I might have a 1:24 proto of the Mt. Dew ride as well.

The 1:24 Racing Champions prototype of the #36 is hand signed by Ken at the inaragual race at Vegas and is not for sale folks, it's probably not worth much but, to me it's worth millions :hat:

I hope I can find it for ya Deal, and that your little one (bet she's growing like a weed) are happy and healthy :wave: , Ill PM you my e-mail so we can stay in touch through my off the forum times,

Craig

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Hey, hey Deal :wave:

I never picked that one up, I have the older Olds #42, #43 from the 50's and wait for it....

100% HW #36 M&M's Ken Shrader car in prototype form, so says the faded sticker under the car. My baby sis worked for M&M Marrs as a VP in promotions, including theyre NASCAR program. They handed out a couple at a meeting, since she loves her big bro, I got it for Christmas in 2002, so the dates match up, IIRC it had those hard plastic tires and was crude looking casting of the Chevy, or maybe a Pontiac they raced back then...it's not in my 'special' box and remember, I moved recently from a big house to a small apt, so it could be in any of the 100's of crates I have.

I'll look for that Mt. Dew Buick, I just might have it too, if so it's yours buddy, I have waaaay too much NASCAR stuff :tongue:

I seem to remember her giving me some other prototypes from Racing Champions in 1:24, one was the new M&M's #36 (debuted at the new Las Vegas track around that same time). I might have a 1:24 proto of the Mt. Dew ride as well.

The 1:24 Racing Champions prototype of the #36 is hand signed by Ken at the inaragual race at Vegas and is not for sale folks, it's probably not worth much but, to me it's worth millions :hat:

I hope I can find it for ya Deal, and that your little one (bet she's growing like a weed) are happy and healthy :wave: , Ill PM you my e-mail so we can stay in touch through my off the forum times,

Craig
I would be interested in that 100% M&Ms car if it gets in your way.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
I would be interested in that 100% M&Ms car if it gets in your way.
Hey Gun, :), I gotta find it before it gets in my way :tongue:, you spoke first, so I guess that gives ya dibs buddy!! I'm digging into the crates, as you know memories come flooding back. I can't keep everything, I don't think my nephew would miss it, with the thousands of cars I'm giving him to take care of,,,share the love, spread the wealth....BrawHaHahahah!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts