Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At TRU today I saw 4 1:64 diecasts. Somthing new? Motor World True L.E. They looked pretty darn detailed to me, and I started thinking I would buy one but when I looked up at the price it was $14.99! Didn't get it. Went on ebay and 1 was going for $59, but another for less than the TRU price:confused::freak:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
the true le ones are what they stand for true limited edition they destroy the tooling after so many are made so wont be made again...each package contains a piece of the tool and a video of the tooling being destroyed....so that is reason why for the price but still seems too high.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Looks just like a GL from ten inches away, and costs three times as much. Of course they're collecting dust... The tooling scraps are humorous. Talk about manufactured rarity.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy over piced for plain blah.just because some one puts a piece of the mold that is suspose to be toss after the cars was made (yea right:thumbsup:) does not make it a 15$ 1/64 car.they look very nice but like what was stated this company will get boned on this deal.the should have put more into the graphics,do old style race cars or some hot rods not just cookie cutter blah.pretty sure they will get discounted soon or TRU will have them for life.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,928 Posts
I think it was a labor of love for Tom Lowe considering it was modeled off his 1:1. Auto World will survive and keep on selling tons of slot cars. They just kinda missed the mark on this one.

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Not worth the cash..... That company will be belly up & forgotten if they can not bring down the price.
Tom Lowe released them as part of the ROUND2 Business - I don't think he is going belly up any time soon.

While these are expensive - up to and including the $30 orange version - they are actually super nice pieces. The three main releases can be found on eBay for more realistic $$s.

Once I bought one, I needed the remaining three just out of completeness - LOL!

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
I got the black and white versions on clearance at tru, they are definitely 5-6 dollar cars, but 15..No, especially when it's the owners car as the first release.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Quality is as good as Tomica-LV, Biante, and Minichamps which are at least the same price or more. Of course that doesn't mean it would sell as Biante and Minichamp's departure from 1/64 shows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts