Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does the number of turns mean on a electric motor, and would a higher turn motor be more powerfull than a low turn motor and vice versa? also single double and triple motors, what does this refer too? the number of magnets? on the can or armature?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Less turns means more power and higher RPM
Singles have more bottom end then Triples and Triples have more Top end then Singles

Brooks

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Also, the single, double, triple, etc is refering to the # of wires that are wound around the stacks. In other words a 12x2 (12 double) will have 2 wires wrapped 12 times around each stack, a 12x3 (12 triple) will have 3 wires wrapped 12 times around each stack. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is the P2K2 still the best torque stock motor? Indoor racing is starting up soon around here and I need to pick up a couple motors for a small, tight and twisty 1/12th scale carpet track. Any other motor suggestions?

·
Registered
548 Posts
The original P2K has more torque than a P2K2, but the P2K2 will have more rpm's that the P2K. Either one should be fine for your 1/12 scale.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
kcobra said:
Is the P2K2 still the best torque stock motor? Indoor racing is starting up soon around here and I need to pick up a couple motors for a small, tight and twisty 1/12th scale carpet track. Any other motor suggestions?
p2k2 / p2k / monster stock would be my choice =) each one is a tad different on torque/rpm, but should suffice. See what the locals run, and get some input, I am sure there is a favorite "track" motor....

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just got a couple new P2K2 motors (non-pro version). Should I true the comm before I break in the brushes or is the comm round from the factory on the non-pro version of Trinity motors? Also, anyone know what springs and brushes come with the non-pro P2K2?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Another question. What type of oil should I use on the v-blocks of my lathe? Should it be thick like bushing oil or thin like bearing oil?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Oil for 'V' blocks........... I would use bushing oil. My personal chouce is Mobil 1. it is a synthetic motor oil made for surfaces that touch either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts