Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good motor dyno on the market, new or used?

Are the INTEGY INDI Motor DynoPro Dyno, Fantom THE FACTS MACHINE Dyno, Tekin DYNO 900, RSR/FACTS MACHINE DYNO,...etc good dynos? What is the worst of the bunch and what's the best for the money? There's a RSR/Facts Machine Dyno on ebay that comes with a PC...here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1781811347

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
for the price, ($250 or less) thats a vary good deal. i like the flywheel type dynos, other prefer the load dynos both are good. there just ref tools the track is still the best dyno.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I think that 250.00 for a RSR is high you can not get parts for that unit .If it was a FANTOM DYNO that would be a differnet story ...Just my 2 cents ..... SRM:p

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw on Ebay where there is a INTEGY INDI Motor DynoPro Dyno for $105..is this a good deal or should I go for the best (Fantom) and spend a few $100 more? What makes the Fantom so much better than the competitor's models?

Thanks,

Race3737

·
Registered
900 Posts
Every dyno made has certain benefits and drawbacks...by design or by nature of what/how we are testing.

In general terms, if you are TESTING something, you should try to test (the motor in this instance) under the same conditions that it will be used under.

So...with that...testing a motor at 5 volts when running in a 6 cell class is useless...IMHO.

I have used ALL of the dyno's that you mentioned above, excluding the RSR dyno....I am confident that a CE Turbo Dyno 30 or 45....or a Robitronic are the best dyno's on the market.

·
Registered
631 Posts
does anyone know anything about a lavco pro dyno?If so what is the most you would pay for it?I am in the market for a dyno and have heard the competition electronics dyno was very good but hard to find.Does anyone know where one is at? Or a good used robitronics dyno?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
lavco is older then this 2 year old thread lol.... they are old school... from back in the day.. also no longer serviced ... out of business,.. if u are going to buy a dyno go all out.. it will pay f or itself... get a few buds to chip in on it and share it.....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Only dyno i've personally used is the Fantom Facts Machine. I've owned two, i had one of the older versions, and sold it and bought a newer used one with the blue motor holder and upgraded graphics on the front. I like the software, and it's simple to use. I don't know if i could understand all the info from the other types of dyno's. I think if you pick one, and get to know it, that's the most important. If you find a 63watt stock runs track record speeds, don't get mad if someone else says there motors dyno 70 on their dyno, cause they all read different. Just buy one and use it, and it should be consistant for you.

Curtis.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
CE Turbodyno 45's have been going for anywhere between $530 and $700 on eBay lately -- most are going for the $530 - $600 range (with the printer).

I've got a TurboDyno 45 for sale right now if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Ray -- my e-mails to you are bouncing back as "undeliverable".

I just tried again. See if you get it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Both the Fantom and the CE45 are great dynos. But I would definitely go with the Fantom. It is now the industry standard.

The guys at Fantom are great to work with. I bought a new dyno and had a little problem with it and was in a big hurry to get it back. I called Fantom and explained the problem and they sent me another one out next day air. ( I do own a hobby shop). But with Fantom the service is excellent!!! :thumbsup:

Chris Cooper
Team HyperDrive

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Where did this 'industry standard' come from? I hear people saying this more and more, but I don't understand it. Did this somehow happen when Trinty switched from Robitronic to Fantom lables on their 'pro' motors? or what?

The Fantom is a widely popular dyno, however many people have questioned and/or explained it's inaccuracys. I don't see how it could possibly be considered to be some sort of 'standard'.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts