Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has a box of 52 original redlines all in good- mint cars out of the box. The story his father told me was that his mom worked at Matel and she would grab a few cars off the line each week... the other day I bought 3 cars from them for $25.00. 1967 Anti-freeze grn custom camaro. 1967 Bronze custom Barracuda, and 1967 dark red custom Mustang. :thumbsup:

I've already sold the camaro and the barracuda for $500.00, Idk if the was a good deal for the buyer or for me? Well I have another opportunity to buy a few more from them and wanted to ask you guys what I should look for in certain colors, models,etc.. Im in need for money so I'm trying to flip them. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I have a friend who has a box of 52 original redlines all in good- mint cars out of the box. The story his father told me was that his mom worked at Matel and she would grab a few cars off the line each week... the other day I bought 3 cars from them for $25.00. 1967 Anti-freeze grn custom camaro. 1967 Bronze custom Barracuda, and 1967 dark red custom Mustang. :thumbsup:

I've already sold the camaro and the barracuda for $500.00, Idk if the was a good deal for the buyer or for me? Well I have another opportunity to buy a few more from them and wanted to ask you guys what I should look for in certain colors, models,etc.. Im in need for money so I'm trying to flip them. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!! :)
I would keep the price to yourself next time you meet up with the seller as she may not let you buy them again from her for $25 when she can make the cash herself... Just food for thoughts.....

Okay onto what you are asking about.... Its hard to tell you what to look for as no one really wants to share all the tib bits about Redlines as many and I mean many people like to obtain them at a cheaper price and 1) keep them to themself for their own personal collection or 2) do what you are doing which is flip them for $$$$$

Go grab a Tomart Price Guide and thumb through it in the front of the book where the Redlines are and see if anything she has is what you should grab. I for one would buy everything she has as you will always get your money back on a Redline if you bought them cheap enough.

Wish ya the best of luck and happy flipping

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know I havent told them what there worth. I already tried to buy all of them but they won't sell them all. maybe 6 at the most this next time.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts

do you collect ????? your first 2 post are about you making money off of your friend who were are to belive would let mint RLs go for pennies.unless your buddy is a crack head or just kinda slowwwwwwwwwwww i have a real hard time beliveing he would sell you cars worth hundreds.are you on here fishing of trying to make yourself look good.sorry man i just have a hard time believing this .maybe it's just me:rolleyes:

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
If true, seems like you got the high end of the current secondary market. Of course, that's going sight unseen.

Like Liv said, if your friend is really your friend, you shouldn't tell her what you sold them for. Otherwise, she may not be your friend anymore. Of course, that might not be a bad thing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you collect ????? your first 2 post are about you making money off of your friend who were are to belive would let mint RLs go for pennies.unless your buddy is a crack head or just kinda slowwwwwwwwwwww i have a real hard time beliveing he would sell you cars worth hundreds.are you on here fishing of trying to make yourself look good.sorry man i just have a hard time believing this .maybe it's just me:rolleyes:
just bought 8 of them today pics up soon

·
Premium Member
9,233 Posts
Nice Redlines Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Beautiful cars,especially the purple Hong Kong custom Firebird.Most valuable Redlines tend to be all that are pink, rose pink,Camaros or fitted with deep dish wheels.Hong Kong cars which have black plastic steering wheels fitted to other coloured seats also tend to be rarer in the USA

1 - 16 of 16 Posts