Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
I don’t know that you will find just one good answer because every track is a little different. In general if the track has a narrow infield (20'-30' ft) more banking would help a 1/4 scale car turn. Machesney Park would be a good example of this type of track.

If larger I would say 10 degrees of less. Remember increased banking on a large track means more speed. More speed equals more cost usually in the form of tire wear or crash repairs. It also usually requires more skill level and can be frustrating to new comers.

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
3 to 6 - better racing / side by side.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
160 degrees, because these guys are all upside down anyway.... lol

Just messing with you all.

I'm the one that needs 160...

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
OVAL381 said:
What Is The Most Popular Degree Of Banking For 1/4 Scale Paved Oval

OVAL381 - Are you building a new track? If so, where? Do you race Qscale now? or RC ?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Walls,, ie,, [ soft walls ]

What ever deg of track , I say the most important things is the walls ,, I mean soft walls , North West R.C. Speedway is a fast high deg. bank, TRI OVAL, And the walls use to destroy , a car . Now days the walls are alot better ,and more forgiving ... Will leave pics of wall next week , but it is rubber belting with a corragated rubber belt behind the outer wall , it is a soft wall , Bob :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys I Think We Got It Covered.weather Permitting It Will Be Done In About 2-3 Weeks.there Will Be A Websight Being Posted When It Is Done.happy Racing.thanks

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
OVAL381 said:
Thanks Guys I Think We Got It Covered.weather Permitting It Will Be Done In About 2-3 Weeks.there Will Be A Websight Being Posted When It Is Done.happy Racing.thanks
Very cool! What state? I hope its near Pittsburgh!!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
wow. that i a great idea. hope i see that in use around here. the older i get the worse my driving is getting. i m going to need a soft wall. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
KnoxMotorsports said:
Her are some pics of the new soft wall at North West R.C. speedway 400 ft centerline about 14 deg of banking , Bob

Nice touch. That should help in broken' parts!

Does it grab the front wheel when you rub up against it?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Not very much if any , I hate to admit this but I have been against it once ? and my car pulled away with no ill effects [ no bent hiems or toe ] , So i would say that it does not pull your car in to it ,Generally when we make contact with the wall ,we are going flat out and very fast , Bob

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
OVAL381 said:
Yes But I Don't Want To Say Where Or Get Any Rumors Started.just Want To See What Racers Want.

Any news on this new track?????

·
Registered
778 Posts
Most popular degree of Banking??????? Bank on your own money............and bank on the fact that no matter what we do to accomodate others some people will call us buckin bricks for not droppin' our enjoyment to suit theirs. Big Green is fired up. I dont like being called names for situations out of my control. Furthermore, I have met and gained the respect of many of fellow racers in the 1/4 scale community, so the feelings of one will be heard as idiotic from those who know me. ROLLBIGGREENROLL, and I will. :mad:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
ROLLBIGGREENROLL. perhaps its for the better. oval381 can sit and spin by himself. some just have chip on there shoulder their whole life. I prefer to not socialize or associate myself with those kind.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts