Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
BWAHAHAHA!!! Oh, please! That thing is barely worth the box price. The azteck is too heavy, though well done. And what's with the giant LED in the shuttlebay?? Huge gaps at the impulse engine, plus it's glowing through the plastic.

No bids, wonder why??

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Some pretty weird construction oddities. Case in point the missing windows for the the shuttle bay control room ... and the naked LED sticking into the opening.

I also like the unpainted officers lounge and arboretum window mullions, and the major glowy torpedo launcher area.

I wonder if a best offer of $150 would be accepted? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
cargo panels all around the impulse reflection crystal, the stafleet arrowhead just aft of the officer's lounge, why would anyone stick an amber LED out the butt of the ship?

Saucer rim walls aren't even connected

shuttle floor isn't connected to the hull or attempted to be corrected.

the whole bussard and surrounding area is painted some dijon mustard color.

The entire photon launcher is glowing red - none of it is painted.

If this is what goes for $5k, I should start get cracking! I could make $8k easily!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
There was one for sale (or on display) at a Creation con a few years ago. It was painted bright sky blue overall with hideous hand-brushed aztecking and numerous building flaws, and mounted on an unfinished, reickety wooden cradle that even Homer Simpson would have disowned. A woman at the table said "It was built by a college kid! Isn't it fantastic?"

:freak:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
There was one for sale (or on display) at a Creation con a few years ago. It was painted bright sky blue overall with hideous hand-brushed aztecking and numerous building flaws, and mounted on an unfinished, reickety wooden cradle that even Homer Simpson would have disowned. A woman at the table said "It was built by a college kid! Isn't it fantastic?"

:freak:
:lol: Lady, you should visit some websites I know.....

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
"a conversation starter" is a good way to describe it.

If my youngest Nephew had built it I would pat him on the head and tell him it was nice- but he is 13 years old.
Whoever built this thing made some odd choices and was not too concered about details of fit and finish.

and boy is he proud of it- 5k?????

·
Oxidation Genius
31,279 Posts
Ya know it just occurred to me, whoever built that model I mentioned above might post here.

Foot taste goood! :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
"This model is lighted in great detail, making it one of a kind."
Is lighted even a word? I don't Know how many 1/350 Enterprise kits Polar Lights and Round 2 made, however I am sure they did not make “one of a kind” specially for this guy.

·
Registered
469 Posts
For someone who doesn’t or can’t build a model of the Enterprise A they wouldn’t buy it because its Waaaayy Too expensive and a serious collector wouldn't go near it for the flaws and obvious mistakes it has plus they can do much better for the money. Builders like these need to think of their target market and build accordingly.

·
Registered
360 Posts
For someone who doesn’t or can’t build a model of the Enterprise A they wouldn’t buy it because its Waaaayy Too expensive and a serious collector wouldn't go near it for the flaws and obvious mistakes it has plus they can do much better for the money. Builders like these need to think of their target market and build accordingly.
With this stuff, and you want to make money. It's not the time to get creative.
I remember seeing built-up refits at around 6k. But those were built by pros. While this one is a worthy effort, it's not to the quality that would fetch a high price.

But it is the first Refit with a back porch. Perhaps that's where the crew would enjoy campfires and marshmellons. :)

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
I guess the 'one of a kind' referes to the poor lighting and assembly. Every other lighted kit I have seen has seams filled, window frames blocked out properly and no Frakk'n porch light.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Like John P said, he may be a member here. And HE may be real proud of it. A little TOO pround with the price for sure, but proud of his build none the less.

If I were to build a mediocre kit and posted it here would I get the same reaction? I hope not, wouldn't be much encouragement.

I'm sure I'll get flack over this but sometimes I just feel like taking up for the underdog. So shoot me.

Hal9001-

·
Registered
469 Posts
Like John P said, he may be a member here. And HE may be real proud of it. A little TOO pround with the price for sure, but proud of his build none the less.

If I were to build a mediocre kit and posted it here would I get the same reaction? I hope not, wouldn't be much encouragement.

I'm sure I'll get flack over this but sometimes I just feel like taking up for the underdog. So shoot me.

Hal9001-

Well for $4,832.18 he should be able to take some criticism. ;)

Plus a serious collector is going to want Uber-Accuracy for that price.

Just saying. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts