Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
468 Posts
Or perhaps with all of the new tracks we could stick with 5 MORL races. It's a lot cheaper to travel to the other tracks around and club race. You know that thing we did like 20 years ago before everyone decided to just run "big" races.

· Registered
1,810 Posts
Or perhaps with all of the new tracks we could stick with 5 MORL races. It's a lot cheaper to travel to the other tracks around and club race. You know that thing we did like 20 years ago before everyone decided to just run "big" races.
exactly Fred.If I didnt support 2 racers in my budget I could make more big races. but to be honest I enjoy the casual club environment more than the big race style hustle and bustle.5 large races a season is fine with me,any more than that and my budget wouldnt allow it.

· Registered
802 Posts
E, I'll get you the form. We have a meeting usualy in Febuary to go over rules and the schedule. That meeting will likely be again at Trippers and any bidding tracks are asked to send a representitive to the meeting if possible, though it does not help get a race if there is no one there representing your track. We have had the pleasure the last two years of having more tracks interested in hosting a race than dates. Michigan and ROAR Region 5 is really one of the strongest for offroad racing if you don't live in Southern CA.

· Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Hi Fish. I am on the phone with E right now, he wants to make sure that the MORL series and the guys we met at BFG (the race officials) know it is Proving Grounds intention to represent the Grand Rapids area in 2010 by hosting a MORL event. We will definitely be at the meeting in February. And if you have not already done so, please forward the form to E so he can get it filled out, thanks. Looking forward to a great 2010!

· Premium Member
8,393 Posts
E, I'll get you the form. We have a meeting usualy in Febuary to go over rules and the schedule. That meeting will likely be again at Trippers and any bidding tracks are asked to send a representitive to the meeting if possible, though it does not help get a race if there is no one there representing your track. We have had the pleasure the last two years of having more tracks interested in hosting a race than dates. Michigan and ROAR Region 5 is really one of the strongest for offroad racing if you don't live in Southern CA.
Fish you have pm.

· Premium Member
4,658 Posts
PM sent with emails, thanks Fish!

· Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Got it, thanks Fish!

· Premium Member
8,393 Posts
No offense to Duke, he has a great facilty, but a huge morl race there, I think he would drive himself to a caniption trying to keep the offroad bums off his oval ! By the way it is one sweet oval.

I will have a fence up around the o'le oval for something like that.
I have the fence, just need to get it up.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the comp.

Duke

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.