Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 590 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MORL 2010 discussion time. Please keep the comments polite and constructive. I will take this information to our winter meeting.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
well how would theRC world feel about making them two day races and longer mains? and if it rains out would just cut back and run all on one day most of us are there all weekend any how

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Keep the Masters at 40 Their old they earned the the right for the old guy class.
A two event would be cool you could add acoulpe more class's .
Make a Sc10 / slash or what ever anything goes class
a slash 17.5 class with very few mods to truck
and a Spec class BONE STOCK
stock truck
mod truck
stock buggy
mod buggy
4wd
Master's
mybe a ladys class
Novice
Last year was a good year This year gonna be a better year
Here's another idea have a chile cookoff at each race
Just my two cnts.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
No thanks on the 2 day events. No thanks on 3 classes of SCT's. Too many classes as it is.
Whats wrong with the 2 day event??? Don't just put no thanks explain why!!!
The reason I say yes is because most people that do the circuit travel and why travel 2-3 hours race all day and then drive 2-3 hours back home!!! That is my opinion why there should be a 2 day event!!! I only made the one event because of the travel times and would have made more and got more people to come with me if it would have been in there minds "worth the travel"
You could do practice on the first day with 2 rounds of qualifying then 1 more and the mains on the next or???

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I hear alot of guys saying that they cant do a 2 day gig, and alot saying that the long drive after a long day sucks.So really it looks like there are 3 options.

1- go with 2 days
2- stay with 1 day and the long day/drives
3- limit the entries/classes so people can get home safely with a 1 day program.

All 3 choices have their good and bad points, so which way is it going to be??:freak:

·
Registered
679 Posts
I hear alot of guys saying that they cant do a 2 day gig, and alot saying that the long drive after a long day sucks.So really it looks like there are 3 options.

1- go with 2 days
2- stay with 1 day and the long day/drives
3- limit the entries/classes so people can get home safely with a 1 day program.

All 3 choices have their good and bad points, so which way is it going to be??:freak:
Exactly......

I vote Option 2

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
For some that make it to the track on fridays it already is a 2 day event. If it ended on sunday, that would be a 3 day event for some. I do not believe I will be able to swing that on a regular basis. And it is not like fridays of the MORL races are dead. You probably got around half of your total entries give or take for saturday there on friday. Thats alot of people who might have to change there schedule around where if it was left alone, everybody would be used to the schedule and not change a thing. This is only my thoughts. I understand there is no perfect solution, I just can't wait for the season to begin.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
The way I look at it is almost everyone works on Friday and rarely does anyone not work Saturday but works Sunday so what is the problem??? You come on Saturday and practice before the heats that start at lets say noon then you do 2 qualifiers and go to sleep get up in the AM and practice until 10am and do one more qualifier and a main all done by 4pm or so then you can drive home have dinner and get to bed at a decent time
I don't see the problem here other than maybe your wife's and you have to learn that they will never be happy!!!

·
Registered
634 Posts
one day event = happy wife and saves $60 for a room that i could spend for me and son to be able to run more than one class, i didnt run last year becouse i just got back into rc this year, but wasnt the real problem with late nights the fact that it rained so much around the events last year, just my two cents, 2day event would be out for me oh and the wives thing might be true but there are ways to make them a little less angry and i have a daughter who doesnt like racing but loves her daddy so she gets sundays

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
I appreciate the family thing but it is once a month and the other thing about a room??? I love camping at the races in fact I thought that it was one of the things that tracks should have when being considered for a MORL race but I could be wrong

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
yes add the must provide a camping area for racers too I love camping at the tracks too for the ones that dont want two day races just show up on sunday run the last race and there you go one day race

·
Registered
634 Posts
some tracks cant legaly allow camping at there place (city ordanaces) and as for once a month someday the kids wont want me around i will cramp there style LOL so for now everyday counts

1 - 20 of 590 Posts