Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love all the bright colors with these castings:

Some older ones; love the Citroen:

I really like the Volvo 244DL; no other company has made one I don't believe.

Two more oddballs: Plymouth Duster & Dodge Aspen/Plymouth Volare

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
hey those are cool! I have a few of them...

I didn't know Yatming made a Cadillac! Is that orange car in front of it a Datsun 200SX?

Also, in the pic with the Aspen/Volare, isn't the blue car actually a Duster or a Dart?

--rick

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ParkRNDL said:
hey those are cool! I have a few of them...

I didn't know Yatming made a Cadillac! Is that orange car in front of it a Datsun 200SX?

Also, in the pic with the Aspen/Volare, isn't the blue car actually a Duster or a Dart?

--rick
Yes, the orange car is a Datsun Silvia 2000ZSE-X.

You are right about the blue car being a Duster. The silver car is the one called the Dodge Aspen or Plymouth Volare; looks like either to me at least :p . I will correct that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The old Yatmings are way cool! The castings are very sharp, but I don't agree on all the tampo print... But a little nail polish remover can help there!

Their '79 Corvette is based upon the 1/25 MPC promo/kit.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
a couple unusual Yatmings...

I think they're unusual, anyway. I found this Nissan Laurel at a yard sale slathered in ugly gold-brown model paint, windows and all. Borrowing a trick from my slot car hobby, I soaked it in ****-N-Span to see if it could be salvaged. It was a double-edged sword: it worked wonders getting the cruddy hobby paint off, but it also removed the chrome from the bumpers and wheels...

I also have a couple pics of an old Yatming Corvette with a plastic base that I found at a yard sale, but they're currently attachments to another thread on the Vintage board. Wonder if they can be re-attached here...

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/attachment.php?attachmentid=30535

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/attachment.php?attachmentid=30536

ok, that's not how I planned to do it, but I guess it works.

Finally, I have this green Yatming identified on the base as a Chevrolet, but it looks like some sort of experimental or show car. It has a plastic base which is chromed if I recall, and it looks to be about the same vintage as the Corvette at the above links. I'll try to get pics when I get home...

--rick

edit: Roadster, I keep finding cool stuff in your pics. I just noticed the purple Citation X-11 in the second pic...

·
Registered
238 Posts
The Corvette is nice! I have that one, but in different color and worse shape.

Even have a copy of that one...

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
found some more Yatmings...

First, some pics of the green Chevrolet racer I mentioned earlier...

Then an open-wheel racer by Yatming:

Finally, a couple of group shots of some cars I don't think have shown up in the Yatming threads yet. These all have the wide wheels:

All have metal bases except the orange Camaro and van, which also are NOT marked Yatming... I think they just say Made in China on the base. Are they in fact Yatmings, or knockoffs?

And here are the narrow-wheel Yatmings I've found:

The Blazer and Corvette are from my childhood, the rest are recent yard-sale and thrift-store finds. The red Trans Am is interesting... there's a tampo on the trunk lid that says "Billy Joe McKay, Owner-Operator, Milwaukee, Wisconsin." I had no idea what that was a reference to, so I Googled it... apparently, this was a licensed diecast from the TV show "BJ and the Bear." Jeez, remember that from like the late 70's or early '80s? Too bad this car is missing the passenger door...

--rick

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ParkRNDL said:
And here are the narrow-wheel Yatmings I've found:

The Blazer and Corvette are from my childhood, the rest are recent yard-sale and thrift-store finds. The red Trans Am is interesting... there's a tampo on the trunk lid that says "Billy Joe McKay, Owner-Operator, Milwaukee, Wisconsin." I had no idea what that was a reference to, so I Googled it... apparently, this was a licensed diecast from the TV show "BJ and the Bear." Jeez, remember that from like the late 70's or early '80s? Too bad this car is missing the passenger door...

--rick
I love that VW Scirocco, still trying to find that one in light blue.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I really like that woody wagon!!

I think that green "chevrolet" a Corvette Concept of some sort.. part of the Aerovette series of prototypes. I checked a site I like to look at for concepts, but it didn't show that exact one, but a couple came really close.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
slythorne said:
I really like that woody wagon!!

I think that green "chevrolet" a Corvette Concept of some sort.. part of the Aerovette series of prototypes. I checked a site I like to look at for concepts, but it didn't show that exact one, but a couple came really close.
To me it looks most like the Corvette Astro II, which was made to compete against the GT40.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have the 66 Galaxie with the Hot/Cold tampos. It is my favorite of the 5 different ones I have. What is the car you have with the Hot/Cold on the hood and roof?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Galaxieman said:
I have the 66 Galaxie with the Hot/Cold tampos. It is my favorite of the 5 different ones I have. What is the car you have with the Hot/Cold on the hood and roof?
I have two cars with the 'hot,' 'cold' tampos; one is the 66 Galaxie, like you have; the other one in the picture above is a nissan gloria. When I first saw it, I thought it was the Galaxie, but when I took a closer look I found that it wasn't an american car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts