Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, with the Round 2 repops its bringing back memories of the days when the original A.M.T. Star Trek models were available. In 1979 I bought 2 A.M.T. USS Enterprise model kits about 10 months before STTMP premiered and I remember the model started to fit together poorly in areas. I couldn't even get the secondary hull bottom attached to the Upper hull because it overlapped. I then went on the some other model kits from Battlestar Galactica and was stunned when Monogram did the Galactica itself. I built 2 of those and this was the Summer of 1979 and my friend bought an Original Enterprise and called me and he was opening it and became silent. I asked whats the matter and he said its Blue, The Enterprise its light blue. All the years I had been buying that model I was accustomed to it being molded in white. I remember he built one at the time of Star Trek TMP and the model was unbuildable. It just fit together bad. I was terrified at how the Movie Enterprise would be and to my surprise Lesney/A.M.T. did an excellent job with the first movie models namely the Movie Enterprise. Right before I got my first movie Enterprise a friend that was living with us at the time got me 2 Star Trek models. The Original A.M.T. Enterprise and Klingon Battle Cruiser. I remember I was stunned when the Klingon Ship was molded in pink!. Well fast forward to April of 1980 and the original A.M.T. Enterprise reappeared still molded in blue but fit together much better. A.M.T. was purchased by Lesney in 1978 and I guess things weren't going well at A.M.T. thats why the models fit together bad. I still liked the original A.M.T. as a model company.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts