Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up 2 Mopar 10 car box sets with a Blue Daytona WL in each set today!

Hey Al, I hit Times square, the 5 boros, and the island. I'm all over! But on the island you just gotta hit it right. There's so many others looking too. But it does amaze me how I can hit the stores and find a WL hanging on the pegs as late as 6 or 7 PM at times.

Most people were at the Elmont toy show this weekend. Did you go?

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
No Elmont Toy show for me, but I hit Queens, Brooklyn and Bronx as well as Nassau and Suffolk. Got more whites than usual, but you sound like you had a better week? I go daily between 3:00PM and 7:00PM, Weekends, Noon till 6:00PM Did I fail to mention addiction?

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
You guys are killin me no wonder I cant find anything in the LI QUEENS SUFFOLK area you guys have allready been there before me .I did get lucky though last week and found 2 different TRU 10 car sets with W/Ls in them and the newest 10th anny car . I have meet AL at the pegs hunting for cars very nice guy . Happy Hunting Guys

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
luckymopar416 said:
You guys are killin me no wonder I cant find anything in the LI QUEENS SUFFOLK area you guys have allready been there before me .I did get lucky though last week and found 2 different TRU 10 car sets with W/Ls in them and the newest 10th anny car . I have meet AL at the pegs hunting for cars very nice guy . Happy Hunting Guys
LMAO!!!! Nice finds what was the new 10th. car? Do you hit Massapequa TRU?

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
viperdave said:
LMAO!!!! Nice finds what was the new 10th. car? Do you hit Massapequa TRU?
found the 54 corvair on a bad card at target and two of the whites at the TRU in massapequa last thursday middle of the afternoon

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You got lucky I know who's been getting almost all the whites from that store. FACT! You prolly know him too I bet!

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
viperdave said:
You got lucky I know who's been getting almost all the whites from that store. FACT! You prolly know him too I bet!
first white I've found there in 10 years of collecting J/L :)
never found one in freeport or valley stream last week the store helper in V.S. asked if he could help me I said sure got any new J/L stuff he says sure hold on a minute goes into the back and comes out with 2 cases of cars new firebirds and monsters series both boxes cut open and cars missing from both :mad:

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
The only whites I got lately were some 10 car sets. 19 Toys R Us stores in one day, and I only got a few! Tough work, Glad I got a couple, because I think they were all put out right in the beginning? I see a retired guy at Massapequa often, He buys on speculation (many things) then a few weeks later he is returning them? 9 ToysRUs today, cause I saw the 5 car SUV/Truck set in Levitown. Bayshore also had them, but no whites! By the way, neither store had them out yesterday!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Al Markin said:
The only whites I got lately were some 10 car sets. 19 Toys R Us stores in one day, and I only got a few! Tough work, Glad I got a couple, because I think they were all put out right in the beginning? I see a retired guy at Massapequa often, He buys on speculation (many things) then a few weeks later he is returning them? 9 ToysRUs today, cause I saw the 5 car SUV/Truck set in Levitown. Bayshore also had them, but no whites! By the way, neither store had them out yesterday!
I'm not sure if thats the same guy Al. The one at the Massapequa store I'm thinking of is about 50-60 years old. He's a stocky guy. drives a station wagon.
He's nails most of them.
The Bayshore store has an insider who's hooked up with 2 scalpers/collectors that get first crack at the cases before they go out.

You CAN find stuff at these 2 store BUT its very iffy. You guys should both meet me at the next St. Vincent's show. We could do some trades. The Bronx is very good to me. I always score when I go their.

There is a hobby shop on Hempstead Tpk. But they pull all the whites and scalp em off. Willis ave hobbies I have never hit yet, but I did get some WL model kits from there. And the hobby store on sunrise Hwy in the Kohl's shopping lot( near carlton ave) i only got a WT out of. I think the guy who has massapequa TRU also has this store hooked up.

I got more info on more stores but email me for the rest! Too many ears around here :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts