Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to getting the other , in focus, shots of the XK120 GT LeMans. At least we got some decent rain around here over the last couple days. Kncked off a bunch of leaves though.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
This is some of your best work CH. I like it a lot.
I completely agree! You have done some pretty amazing customs over the years and I always enjoy your step by step posts. This one though, I think is your best (at least it's my favorite). The color, detail, and wheels put it over the top. Thanks for the new pics. :woohoo:

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is really a fairly easy modification. I'd recommend it for anyone who is just starting to get into the body modification end of the hobby. Check out the WIP. The hardest thing like always is getting the right side to look like the left...and visa/versa.

·
Registered
754 Posts
:eek: It turned out GREAT! If I ever get some of my projects completed, the recent spate of LeMans s[ecials has my hand yearning to try some things like that. LOVE IT!

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The LeMans Prototypes have always held my interest. LM is on my "bucket list." But even if I were able to get there, it wouldn't be the same as the great 60's battles. Yeah...Its faster today. And every once in awhile some team like Audi will pull rabbit out of the hat. Like the under three minute transmission swap. But then the technology gets banned...or regulated. Style wise though I have to prefer the pre 70's as far as road racing goes. It shows in what I choose to make.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Saw this shot on the way back from the dump this afternoon. Got Torpedo to run the Jag-GT buy for a couple of shots.

Need to go back tomorrow morning and see if I can get a shot with the sun facing the car. The leaves haven't been as bright this year, we had rain during their peak.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well...Thought I posted this but don't see it so here goes ...again.

Got these shots this morning down the road behind the house.

Shot these in the drive way then Photoshoped them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts