Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lucked out and hit a brand new dump bin freshly wrapped.
Got a perdy super.

Then got these at Ollie's for $1.49 ea

One more stop at the grocery store and a virgin shopper awaited me.

It's strange that the cases with the red bird and Mm completely skipped our area.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Lol. Oh yeah. And the was also this big cardboard box with cars in it. I chose the toy cars cause they would not cost me half of my money in perpetuity. Lol.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Excellent haul! I'm particularly fond of the Garage Ferrari and Hot Bird...but what is Ollie's? I don't think we have 'em here in CA.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ollies is some kind of discount store. I had never heard nor seen one before I passed it while hunting HW looking for dollar stores when someone said to check them (btw which is a waste of time. Lol). They had a ton of those cars there. If us need any lmk. I'll grab some next time I swing by for cost. Ymthey also had the vairy 8 but it's not a casting I like.

It's hard to describe Ollie's. Maybe a cross between a big lots (in stock items and overstock type of things) dollar store in that it is sprea all over the place and a Costco cause it is huge inside with super high shelves. Lol. That's the best way I could describe it. I've never seen another before not sure if it regional or not.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I swear Eric.... I have never seen a person have soooooooooooooo much luck in finding Supers and Reg THs.... Congrats buddy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
493 Posts
damn dude, im gonna go looking when im out your way this weeekend..my ollies had the garage also but NO CAMAROS....that $th camaro has eluded me all summer, but yet ya just waltz in and find it lol...great finds bro and you should be seeing a package on your doorstep soon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice finds, you got a lot luckier than I ever do. The beetle looks pretty awesome, I've never seen the Garage line around here before. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Ollie's sounds a bit like Tuesday Morning, which we do have in California. I've had okay luck at $0.99 Only, but not so much at Dollar Tree, and I haven't checked Family Dollar lately.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
So close and yet so far... I'm maybe 30 miles away from you and I haven't seen a one of those TH's locally! Wally's never has 'em, and the closest Ollie's to me (Pottstown) never seems to have ANY Hot Wheels at all!

(BTW: I'll take a few of those garage Vairy-8's. I only have one of each color scheme which I'd like to keep on the cards, but I wouldn't mind having some to set free too.)

·
Premium Member
9,570 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok so I'm gonna stop by on my way home tonight and pick up some of the vairy 8, camaros and an extra beetle or two and hot birds. For those of you who expresse interest. I really cannot think of anything that is relative in value that I'm looking for right now aside maybe from the new bread box hunt but that's worth more so unless you're feeling generous ill just send them to you first class. Do me a favor and email me your addresses.
Just mention if you want them carded or loose.
Frank, I got you covered and have your addy.
Jmedic, got yours too.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Eric

you will have a box or two in the next couple days...i will be going to post office tomorrow...im sure you will be surprised...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts